diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18k fluctuating battery SOC, won't stay connected to grid and now E009

drps10

Original post/issue, now the list is building.

I just finished an install with the indoor battery too. Feed by a feeder breaker from main panel and then pass through to a sub panel. Last night, charged the battery with no issue. Ran breakers to sub panel and turned everything on in panel. I was charging the battery and powering sub panel as to be expected. I simulated grid failure (turned off feeder) and the UPS worked as designed!

Now it won’t reconnect to grid! It continues to discharge battery even when the feeder breaker is turned back on. I’m gave it a few minutes just Incase it took a bit. The only way to get it to work as a pass through again was 2 way, put in standby or disconnect the battery (via breaker) from inverter.

I put it in standby, and tried a grid failure again, but it didn’t auto transfer to battery (ever). I thought if left in standby, it will use less power consumption but still auto switch when grid failure.

Am I missing a setting?!

..Update (see next post) I searched the forum and seems like this issue is with Disconnect setting. I have it set to max of 90% and then it will reconnect (needs to be adjusted with Volts to get higher setting), but still have an ongoing issue. It will start the charge and then cycle back to battery backup and continue the cycle over and over.

Last edited:
Kind of figured out the issue. It was at the On-grid- cut off%. Increased to 90% and when the battery got that low it went back to grid. I don’t like that! No need to draw battery down for no reason. I then hit the quick charge and brought it back up to 96% and then it went back to battery discharge. I don’t have bad utility power and it doesn’t cycle, so I don’t know why it thinks I need to go back to battery.
IMG_1812.jpeg

Still trying to figure this out with no input yet. It charged (with quick charge) to about 96% last night than it ran down to 90% and clicked back to grid and stayed there. It appears I need to adjust values for Volts and not SOC to keep it above 90% for other posts I’ve seen.

My new issue right now is “fluctuation “ I have 2 freezers a sump (with battery backup). I don’t notice anything at home flickering and everything looks normal ops, but the graph is not steady!!! Disregard the data past current time, it took me some time to set the clock correctly

IMG_1813.jpeg

Last edited:
Haven’t removed the plastic off the screen yet, but it is running on the grid, but in a discharge state all the time. I flipped the breaker off then on to maybe reset it and still goes back to a 1.2a draw

IMG_1815.jpeg

Last edited:
New issue:
E009 something with the battery.

Was trying to make sure everything was set correctly for the battery, cycled the battery and now it won’t connect. Inverter see it, it’s green and shows correct SOC

Fixed:
I hit reset to factory settings and it enabled parallel battery setting. I had to dig through the settings and change it to 1 phase master. That fixed E009

Last edited:
Back