diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV Q+A general thread

Select lithium 1 for comms. Make sure your batteries are on the latest firmware. Make sure you either have the new E-WiFi dongle or a 4g dongle or a WLAN dongle. This will work with these 3 dongles only. The original dongles the 18k came with will not work they do not have to ability to transfer this data

Select lithium 1 for comms. Make sure your batteries are on the latest firmware. Make sure you either have the new E-WiFi dongle or a 4g dongle or a WLAN dongle. This will work with these 3 dongles only. The original dongles the 18k came with will not work they do not have to ability to transfer this dataI

I'm still not seeing the additional battery information with my 2x PowerPro's and 18kpv.

Batteries on T17 firmware, 18kpv latest firmware, Lithium 1 selected, and I'm out of ideas on things to try.

Any suggestions?

1716292352816.png

1716292372906.png

Make sure you either have the new E-WiFi dongle or a 4g dongle or a WLAN dongle.
What’s the new E-WiFi dongle? I’ve got the WiFi dongle my inverters came with and the Ethernet dongles, how do I distinguish between them?

In addition to that confusion, I’d like to use Solar Assistant, but only the WiFi dongle supports the API it uses. 🤷‍♂️

You need the 6000XP type wireless dongle to pass the battery data back to the portal, the currently supplied version with the 18k cannot do it.
Hit up SS, they may be able to help you with a replacement.
And yes, currently SA only reads the wifi IP of a Luxpower dongle.....currently :sneaky:

You need the 6000XP type wireless dongle to pass the battery data back to the portal, the currently supplied version with the 18k cannot do it.
Hit up SS, they may be able to help you with a replacement.
And yes, currently SA only reads the wifi IP of a Luxpower dongle.....currently :sneaky:
Is this top portion referring to my post about the battery data not showing up fully? I'll need an updated dongle for the extra info?

Just want to confirm before I bother SS

Which brings up a related question: If I have two 18Kpv inverters in parallel, do I need one or two network dongles? If I can or must use two, can they be different, or must they be identical from the set of available dongles?

Which brings up a related question: If I have two 18Kpv inverters in parallel, do I need one or two network dongles? If I can or must use two, can they be different, or must they be identical from the set of available dongles?
If your batteries are shared and not in independent mode then you only need 1 dongle for the master.

If your batteries are shared and not in independent mode then you only need 1 dongle for the master.
Thanks, that's helpful! I have not commissioned my system yet, so nothing's been powered up (maybe by the weekend, but everything's on Island Time), is there a way to tell which one I have (or which I want) by visual inspection?

Is there an issue with the monitoring website today? My graphs seem to be stuck from 9 - 10 am this morning….

@Markus_EG4 Do you have a reference for all of the afci values for the 18kpv shown in the data history log?

I'm still getting random switching between battery and grid a handful of times every single day and the only thing that stands out abrupt changes in the values "afciCurrCh3", "afciCurrCh4", "afciFlag", and "afciArcCh1", none of the other related values for other channels are ever affected, it's always those 4 values that change. There are never any alarms or faults recorded when the switch happens.

Is this just a case of being too sensitive? Is there anything I can change to stop this from occurring?

Has anyone dealt with "dongle not registered" issue? I can't register to create an account with EG4 monitoring because of this error. I got the dongle to connect with 3 green dots but tech support said they couldn't see it on their end.

@Markus_EG4 Do you have a reference for all of the afci values for the 18kpv shown in the data history log?

I'm still getting random switching between battery and grid a handful of times every single day and the only thing that stands out abrupt changes in the values "afciCurrCh3", "afciCurrCh4", "afciFlag", and "afciArcCh1", none of the other related values for other channels are ever affected, it's always those 4 values that change. There are never any alarms or faults recorded when the switch happens.

Is this just a case of being too sensitive? Is there anything I can change to stop this from occurring?
This is only used for debugging. It’s set up for the engineers. Even tho it’s labeled afci it’s always used for something they set up for tracking or monitoring. I can ask them to remove it from end user being able to see.

Has anyone dealt with "dongle not registered" issue? I can't register to create an account with EG4 monitoring because of this error. I got the dongle to connect with 3 green dots but tech support said they couldn't see it on their end.
Pm me your serial number I can get you up and working

Shout out to EG4 for putting ropes on the new power pro. Also the new side cover screws, Much easier. Just winch into place. Thanks EG4

Attachments

• IMG_5430.jpeg
    IMG_5430.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Select lithium 1 for comms. Make sure your batteries are on the latest firmware. Make sure you either have the new E-WiFi dongle or a 4g dongle or a WLAN dongle. This will work with these 3 dongles only. The original dongles the 18k came with will not work they do not have to ability to transfer this data
Should we select 1 for EG4-LL (V2)? Will the LL (V2) support remote firmware updates with the E-Wifi dongle?

diy solar

diy solar
Back