diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3Kw inverter neutral ground questions

Bigwave

Aloha, I have 2.1Kw of solar, 2 @ 48 volt lifepower4 & eg4 3Kw inverter (purchased 10/22), no AC input on system. I've been having issues with getting a light shock with some appliances, I ran a ground wire from the ground rod to the AC input ground and it seemed to solve the problem. Previously, the PV system went to ground (earth) and the AC output went to the ground on the inverter. I put this information for anyone who may have this issue.

My questions are, I am getting a 120 volt reading, in battery mode, from line (AC out) to ground (earth). I am getting 38.6 volts from neutral (ac output) to ground (earth). Is this normal? My brother is an electrician and said that it wasn't, but he's never worked on these systems. Any help?

Additionally, he bonded the neutral and ground in the breaker box after all the circuits showed "open ground". I was told by signature solar that the inverter is neutral ground bonded and that I should not neutral ground bond in the breaker box (making 2 neutral ground bonds), but if I don't then it shows "open ground" on all circuits. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo Big wave

Aloha, I have 2.1Kw of solar, 2 @ 48 volt lifepower4 & eg4 3Kw inverter (purchased 10/22), no AC input on system. I've been having issues with getting a light shock with some appliances, I ran a ground wire from the ground rod to the AC input ground and it seemed to solve the problem. Previously, the PV system went to ground (earth) and the AC output went to the ground on the inverter. I put this information for anyone who may have this issue.

My questions are, I am getting a 120 volt reading, in battery mode, from line (AC out) to ground (earth). I am getting 38.6 volts from neutral (ac output) to ground (earth). Is this normal? My brother is an electrician and said that it wasn't, but he's never worked on these systems. Any help?

Additionally, he bonded the neutral and ground in the breaker box after all the circuits showed "open ground". I was told by signature solar that the inverter is neutral ground bonded and that I should not neutral ground bond in the breaker box (making 2 neutral ground bonds), but if I don't then it shows "open ground" on all circuits. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo Big wave
Show us some photos of the inverter connections, sub panel where the inverters connect to and where your system is bonded.

Did you get anywhere with this? I want some of these inverters, but need to be able to control the ground-neutral bond.

Back