diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter only works at 50%

Found it…

I wonder if one could just poke an instrument (unplugged unit of course), but poke an instrument into the slots in the grille to reach in and push back the ajar module, without having to pull the lid off and push it back with fingers.

I wonder if one could just poke an instrument (unplugged unit of course), but poke an instrument into the slots in the grille to reach in and push back the ajar module, without having to pull the lid off and push it back with fingers.
Yes, you most certainly can. I used a thin, hard plastic shim. Much easier/quicker. There's a much longer thread here documenting all the issues with the CV when they first came out addressing the modules becoming unattached.

Posted this in another thread, but thought I'd ask here too.

Just installed my Chargeverter, connected to three EG4 LifePower4 48v batteries. My generator is a Rigid 8000/10000w surge and I'm using the 30a connector on it for the Chargeverter. If I set the Chargeverter for 57v/70a it shuts down with green and red lights on the interior modules. If I drop amps to 50a it seems to work. I think I should be able to get better performance but wanted some input from others. Also wondering if anyone knows the meaning of the interior lights, especially the red.

Does anyone know what the lights on the two modules indicate? When my charging fails both of the units have a green and a red light.

Does anyone know what the lights on the two modules indicate? When my charging fails both of the units have a green and a red light.
I’m guessing green means there’s power to the module, yellow means it’s converting power and red would be some kind of error state.

Someone from EG4 would have to confirm. @EG4_Jarrett ?

Did you modify the factory plug?

Sounds like one of the modules came loose or you are only feeding it 120v

Posted this in another thread, but thought I'd ask here too.

Just installed my Chargeverter, connected to three EG4 LifePower4 48v batteries. My generator is a Rigid 8000/10000w surge and I'm using the 30a connector on it for the Chargeverter. If I set the Chargeverter for 57v/70a it shuts down with green and red lights on the interior modules. If I drop amps to 50a it seems to work. I think I should be able to get better performance but wanted some input from others. Also wondering if anyone knows the meaning of the interior lights, especially the red.

Can you share some photos of the two LEDs and your plug/adapter?

Did you modify the factory plug?

Sounds like one of the modules came loose or you are only feeding it 120v
I've not changed the plug and the two modules are showing lights when I look inside. The problem isn't the modules as far as I can tell...I just cannot increase amps to 70amps. The charging completely stops if I do.

I've not changed the plug and the two modules are showing lights when I look inside. The problem isn't the modules as far as I can tell...I just cannot increase amps to 70amps. The charging completely stops if I do.
Ok, Thank you for the reply.

If you would like help just let us know.

Back