diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 Lifepower4 battery is ticking on start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It appears someone has a big problem on their hands, which at this moment, appears to have no resolution. Ahh ... the pleasures of the problem solving process with a Chinese supplier.

They had to have looked at the manufacturers documentation before ordering container loads of these batteries. They must have torn down one or two of the demo models and did a check on who makes the BMS and is it any good.

Somebody just closed their eyes and assumed all would be well.

They had to have looked at the manufacturers documentation before ordering container loads of these batteries. They must have torn down one or two of the demo models and did a check on who makes the BMS and is it any good.

Vindicated once again with my Ugly DIY batteries.?

I'm still convinced that they have no clue what they are doing over there... or they just don't care because the owner is making plenty of money.

Hell, it took them 6 months to provide an answer that should have been a pretty simple question to answer. "What initiates the pre-charge function in your batteries?"

Pick any of their recent problems- neutral/ground issue, error 61, 18a battery chargers sold as 25a, batteries that don't power up inverters, incorrect/misleading information in product literature, shipping issues, customer service issues, etc..

Plenty of other companies to choose from that do a far better job at nearly everything.

Just curious, has Richard ever got back to you about any of the open questions you had for him?

I'm still convinced that they have no clue what they are doing over there... or they just don't care because the owner is making plenty of money.

Hell, it took them 6 months to provide an answer that should have been a pretty simple question to answer. "What initiates the pre-charge function in your batteries?"

Pick any of their recent problems- neutral/ground issue, error 61, 18a battery chargers sold as 25a, batteries that don't power up inverters, incorrect/misleading information in product literature, shipping issues, customer service issues, etc..

Plenty of other companies to choose from that do a far better job at nearly everything.

Just curious, has Richard ever got back to you about any of the open questions you had for him?
No they have still not been able to tell me how to set the Date and Time on the EG4LL so that the logs are useful. I figured it out on my own long ago but I still keep asking Richard if he knows how and it’s always “I will get back to you”

I think @Will Prowse should look into this. These batteries are on his recommendation list and many of us bought'm based on his review
So there is a ticking sound? And shutting down?

I get hundreds of emails complaining about all solar products every day. It's endless. I have around 20 server rack batteries and still haven't had an issue. Can you post a video of the ticking?

SOK, orient power, eg4, trophy, energetech and jakiper all use the same parts (update: EG4 has their own bms). I see a lot more complaints about eg4 because they sell 10X more than all of them combined (at least from my stats on the affiliate links), so I expect them to have more complaints.

Because I get so many complaints, I need proof of them. I get daily complaints about renogy products and for some reason I've never had the issues and I've tested boxes of their gear. It's hard for me to figure out what's going on without access to the device. Videos posted help a lot.

Did signature solar refund your order yet? If it's shutting down that's not cool.

Last edited:
Well he does ask for feedback on the forum or YT and says “if you find anything wrong with it let me know”.

Well there has been plenty wrong on these batteries.
Yeah and they sell 10X more than all the others combined, so I'm expecting more complaints for sure. I have 9 of these packs and I have zero issues. I need people to be scientific and post evidence of their issues, like I do on my YouTube channel. I get hundreds of emails complaining about every product, and usually turns out to be user error.

Also keep in mind none of these batteries are special. They all use the same parts and cells. There should be equal problems with sok packs but they don't sell nearly as many.

Sounds like signature solar is not responding fast enough or returning batteries at a good place.

Well he does ask for feedback on the forum or YT and says “if you find anything wrong with it let me know”.

Well there has been plenty wrong on these batteries.
How many eg4 batteries do you have? Can you post some evidence of the issues you are having as well?

The video should work now, its was being "processed" when i uploaded it to google drive.

How many eg4 batteries do you have? Can you post some evidence of the issues you are having as well?
on page 3 0:17

Youtube link ->
Same like mine and i have two batteries testing separately both same problem, except mine is a much shorter ticking sound like 7 or 8 of them then goes into alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back