diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 Lifepower4 battery is ticking on start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction to my previous comment: EG4 uses a different bms that no one else is using. I figured they were all the same because they look so similar, but I was totally wrong. It is made in a different part of china entirely.

@Will Prowse im still working together with @RichardFromEG4 to debug this and potentially solve it. We've updated firmware and such... Im doing my best to remain patient and try to work with them to solve the issue, but we're stuck right now... so lets see...

@Will Prowse im still working together with @RichardFromEG4 to debug this and potentially solve it. We've updated firmware and such... Im doing my best to remain patient and try to work with them to solve the issue, but we're stuck right now... so lets see...
Ok understood. Thank you for posting the video. Really helps to see exactly what is going on.

Same like mine and i have two batteries testing separately both same problem, except mine is a much shorter ticking sound like 7 or 8 of them then goes into alarm
Sounds very much like any power supply protecting itself from an overload. It will try a few times to see if the fault has cleared and then shut down.
With the start-up resistor issues these seem to have, it could be bouncing off that circuit and then shutting down.

Did you try using a precharge resistor? And thank you for posting this!
for my case, i did and the ticking noise went away, but once i turned on the inverter and the contractors closed, ticking noise then went into alarm and 0 voltage

So i tried the second battery, and faced the same exact problem, i even tried using a resistance to pre-charge the capacitor on the Victron inverter, but once the contractors clicks, the battery ticks then disconnects. I'm surprised about the about of leeway we are giving this battery instead of it's not a rocket science. This battery should power the inverter standalone period. Unless i'm proven otherwise, and after extensive testing i've done today, The batch of BMS on these batteries is junk, there's no ifs, ands, or buts.
here's the recording of turning on the battery, the ticking is at marker 0:15

Excuse the mess!
I hear the clicking in this clip, and see the shutdown. When did you purchase this battery?

Ok, good to know, seems like a bad batch of bms then. I'll make a video if it does not get resolved asap. Let us see what they do.

Correction to my previous comment: EG4 uses a different bms that no one else is using. I figured they were all the same because they look so similar, but I was totally wrong. It is made in a different part of china entirely.
Could you do a video highlighting the differences in the rack mount style batteries bms? I would love to know the details. Who makes them, differences in quality, do all have a pre-charge resistor, what initiates the pre-charge function, can you turn the feature off, etc. I know you were looking for ideas for new videos, seems this could be an interesting and useful topic.

Ok, good to know, seems like a bad batch of bms then. I'll make a video if it does not get resolved asap. Let us see what they do.
This post has been open since June 14. Not sure how long it should take to be resolved. I placed my order of 2 batteries on Jul 18 and have a similar issue. Richard from eg4 has already been notified and involved in this thread since June 14. Guess it needs some nudging from your side to EG4.

This post has been open since June 14. Not sure how long it should take to be resolved. I placed my order of 2 batteries on Jul 18 and have a similar issue. Richard from eg4 has already been notified and involved in this thread since June 14. Guess it needs some nudging from your side to EG4.

Yeah good point, will give them a call later today. Currently trying to fix my car but I'll get to it today

Yeah good point, will give them a call later today. Currently trying to fix my car but I'll get to it today
Yeah i opened the issue back then, wow its been nearly 2 months... 2 months of my panels sitting and doing nothing...

Yeah i opened the issue back then, wow its been nearly 2 months... 2 months of my panels sitting and doing nothing...
You have a very high level of tolerance my friend. When i check this thread on Saturday, i though it's already been resolved based on the many posts on the thread and suggestions until you replied to my post it's still unresolved! I thought to my self. OH GOD, I GOT A LEMON!

You have a very high level of tolerance my friend. When i check this thread on Saturday, i though it's already been resolved based on the many posts on the thread and suggestions until you replied to my post it's still unresolved!
Doin my best to remain patient... I would love to have come up with a solution working with Signature Solar.

I've just sent an email to support, let's see how they respond

View attachment 105022
Can you let me know what email address you sent this to? I can't find it anywhere in tech@signaturesolar.com
I have found the order using your order number but I don't have any emails from the address you used when you purchased the product.

I would love to be able to trouble shoot this with you asap. I will try calling you at the phone number you provided with your order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back