diy solar

diy solar

Energus Tiny BMS

CheezWiz

No time to be an expert in anything.
So I have got one of these on the way. I am going to use it to manage a 48v build I am doing that will be 16S2P of 50Ah LiFePO4 cells.
I will update this thread as my project progresses.

Reactions: Dzl
That looks like an excellent DIY BMS choice. I'd pay a lot of attention to heat sinking those surface mounted FETs, but overall this seems like a great BMS with tons of features and options.

Hi.

Where did you installed that Energus tiny BMS S516 ?
I'm seeking a proper 16S BMS and that seem the ONLY one that can properly manage a battery pack as you can actually monitor each cell voltage, you can also adjust a lot of parameter like overvlotage and undervoltage which is extremely important. It also has a precharger circuit (antispark system) to avoid high inrush current when plugging in high capacitive load (inverter or motor controller ...)

I need it for an Ebicycle.

I also have a stationary 8S, 24V, 160Ah LiFeYPO4 that I manage with an SMBS120 from electrodacus. It is an excelllent BMS (to my point of view) that you can monitor/adjust parameters everythings, but that's only for 8S max.

Could you tell us your experience with that Energus TinyBMS please

I take it it's your lion energy cells? ( to CheezeWiz )

Last edited:
It's "likely" his 50 AH cells that were purchased from lion energy. New / used cells that are take outs for a battery expansion Pac for a solar generator that they no longer support. Great deal.( 8 50 ah cells for 400.00 shipped)

Last edited:
So I have got one of these on the way. I am going to use it to manage a 48v build I am doing that will be 16S2P of 50Ah LiFePO4 cells.
I will update this thread as my project progresses.

How many BMS's you will use?
I also have a 48v 16s2p system, but I don't know how to connect the BMS to both parallel 16s battery packs.

How many BMS's you will use?
I also have a 48v 16s2p system, but I don't know how to connect the BMS to both parallel 16s battery packs.
I have the same setup 2 parallel battery bank, you need one bms per bank, or you can parallel 2p x 16 then series into one bank and use one bms. I've been searching for a bms and this one made My list. I'm presently running without a bms, and I'm debating between the batrium which is my preferred choice but expensive or the tinybms.

I have the same setup 2 parallel battery bank, you need one bms per bank, or you can parallel 2p x 16 then series into one bank and use one bms. I've been searching for a bms and this one made My list. I'm presently running without a bms, and I'm debating between the batrium which is my preferred choice but expensive or the tinybms.
I've just bought one tiny BMS and I will try that configuration. Thank you sir!

I've just bought one tiny BMS and I will try that configuration. Thank you sir!
Keep us posted on how you like the Tiny BMS, and on what type of display you will use in association with this BMS. Do you plan to use any additional relays that are triggered by the Tiny BMS to disconnect the solar panels or battery bank? Regards, Martin

I will use their bluetooth connection and communicate data to the ebike analyzer app running on a android tablet (to keep things simple), but maybe if I have time I will try to communicate it with a raspberry pi and a hd display.
Yes I will, I'm planning to use a contactor that handles 400A and a additional hall sensor.
(I'm building a electric motorcycle with a 400A controller)
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Back