diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280A cells black Friday sale.

It doesn't seen to save much over just buying a complete battery even at the sales price or am I being goofy?
I could not find many of the whole batteries that had a decent bms with bluetooth.
The ampere 200ah with bluetooth is like $850

I could not find many of the whole batteries that had a decent bms with bluetooth.
The ampere 200ah with bluetooth is like $850

How much does it cost to build a complete 16 cell setup with these and how many watt hours do you end up with?

Is math that hard?

8 cells X 280ah x 3.2 volts = 7.16kw

How much would it cost to build a 7.16kw pack, BMS etc.

I know you're probably starting to feel lonely around xmas time but it's ok to not answer if you're unable.

Why not 4 then?
How about telling us what your requirement is first?
Are you trolling?

No, I'm curious as to what it compares cost-wise to readily available server rack batteries on the market once you wire it up with bms etc.

I like the idea of diy bit if it only saves a few hundred bucks and I have to fab up my own box then maybe not worth the time.

You know the price of thee cells being sold in the website in this thread, so you know the price of the cell, then you need just add the price of the BMS that will suit your requirement.
So what is the price of the rack mount battery with 7.16kWh? Do you have the price?

You know the price of thee cells being sold in the website in this thread, so you know the price of the cell, then you need just add the price of the BMS that will suit your requirement.

Like I said to the other guy, you don't need to reply to my question. It's OK to pass it over if you're feeling ornery.

No, I'm curious as to what it compares cost-wise to readily available server rack batteries on the market once you wire it up with bms etc.

I like the idea of diy bit if it only saves a few hundred bucks and I have to fab up my own box then maybe not worth the time.
45 day 280ah cells $145 x 8 cells = $1160
overkills bms with BT =$145
Total $1305 for 7.16kw = .18 wh

Box who knows, i wouldn't want a server rack battery so I have no idea there.
Like I said to the other guy, you don't need to reply to my question. It's OK to pass it over if you're fee
It's more about you demanding everybody do your math for you or you wont be happy. You see the prices but somebody needs to figure the exact cost to see if its worth YOUR time.
Maybe figure your cost for your time. What's your going rate for math charges?

For comparison a eg4 with only 200 amps would be $1424.00 or .28 per watt hour.
But again I have no idea what a box cost. I have been looking for rv use so I only look at the 4 cell boxes and they are $35.00 for 18650

Ok

Looks like diy with just batteries and bms saves about 30-50% but then you still need to factor some sort of packaging/box to hold them.

? This is not helping... so basically you have no idea what they were then.
On the contrary. I know exactly how many ah's I got out of my cells. You can't get any better than real world testing, in my opinion. I don't care how much power it will give on a bench. That's not how I will be using it. I bought them to power my house.

Ok

Looks like diy with just batteries and bms saves about 30-50% but then you still need to factor some sort of packaging/box to hold them.
It would depend on where you are using them. If in a mobile application, then they need to be fixed in place. Mine are in a permanent location in my house. So, they are just sitting on a shelving for efficient use of space.

51.2v 14.3kwh pack DIY
Cells - $1910
BMS - $102
CB 125A - $26
Wood - $70
Misc - $100
Time - Priceless
Total - $2208

SS 5kwh - $1524

So almost 3x the power for $700 more plus a load of hastle and satisfaction !!!!

A BMS is only $102.00 for a 14.3 Kwh setup??

Back