diy solar

diy solar

EVE GRADE A authenticity

IrishG

Anyone with some knowledge be able to tell me have a received genuine eve grade A cell or not? The barcode checks out, but Im extremely suspicious of the 2nd smaller barcode. This one seems to be unscannable.eve cell.jpg

No sign of problems, second qr code is normal.

Further verification could be achieved by an extremely good closeup picture of the QR code for dot printing font judgement, or by cleaning the adhesive off around the main barcode and vent.

NO TEST REPORT? NOT GRADE A!!!

IMO there’s so much fud about grade a vs grade b it’s pointless to slap a label on it.

I’d put the cell through the paces, IMO voltage sag under .2-.5c load is the ultimate test. See how it performs and be happy if it does well.

I have a test report for all 64 cells. They sent report before they were shipped. However the QR codes are different to the ones my test report. The ones on test report were produced End sept/start of oct. These ones are April 2023. This is a different matter, i will be taking up with them, but I would like to know if they are even actaully EVE cells. Surly B cells are different barcode?

More close up pics after taking the adhesive off.
Eve cell 1.jpgeve cell 2.jpgeve cell 3.jpg

Ohh so there’s no point in having test reports if they just have made up cells on them? WOW shocking, lol.

How do the cells test?

I havnt tested anything myself yet. this is from the test report. They are all virtually the same as this. 64 total. I havnt even opened the other 3 batteries yet to check them.

1707928391947.png

Im not questioning if they are grade A or B. Im more questioning if they are even EVE brand at all.

I took one out as Im going to do a capacity test. They were not really compressed in the case (seplos Mason) anyway as I was able to pull the cell out without having to loosen the front plate that compresses them.

Would it be normal to have a slight bulge for a new Eve cell? its hardly visible to the eye. Only whena straight edge goes on it

eve cell bulge.jpg

Directly from Seplos on Alibaba (Shenzhen Seplos Technology Co., Ltd.) Using link from Off grid Garage website.

I dont wanna crap all over Seplos yet, they could still be legit EVE cells, but just older(april) than they said they would be.

Should new eve cells arrive prefect and not bulged?

Directly from Seplos on Alibaba (Shenzhen Seplos Technology Co., Ltd.) Using link from Off grid Garage website.

I dont wanna crap all over Seplos yet, they could still be legit EVE cells, but just older(april) than they said they would be.

Should new eve cells arrive prefect and not bulged?
Well, I bought mine from Dongguan Seplos Technology Co., Ltd.......waiting for arrival......now you just make me worry even more......
Anyway, one of member Mr Alkaline often posted this:
1707995825071.png

Maybe legit Eve, just factory rejected B Cell?

Hmm? How come your screenshots seem to indicate you have both white and black laser text QR code?

I _thought_ that grade A LF280K's had bigger terminals with two 6mm threads in them, like these...

1689018369099-png.156794

EVE also sells raw genuine EV grade cells (passing all stringent testing) without any terminal to companies/bulk buyers.
They have now sent me a different test report. One that actually matches the cells I received.

Should I have any concern that they are from April instead of Sept/Oct? Does the change the lifespan much?

Also the Capacity is less of the ones actually sent. All varying around 308-312ah vs original test report which was 315 (every one on the sheet was 315 or 316) . I would have thought grade A eve cells with have a tighter margin that between 308ah-316ah

Fairly anoyed that I have been deceived enough to be sent old cells. Just hoping that that is all it is.

test reports.jpg

Should I have any concern that they are from April instead of Sept/Oct? Does the change the lifespan much?
Not in my mind with all the other potential factors over the next 15 years.

Also the Capacity is less of the ones actually sent. All varying around 308-312ah vs original test report which was 315 (every one on the sheet was 315 or 316) . I would have thought grade A eve cells with have a tighter margin that between 308ah-316ah
Over 300Ah sounds rather good for LF280K's. Just use and enjoy them :)

Realize they can be grade A cells, but not Automotive grade. Meaning, they don’t meet the required discharge rate. Still great cells, but they’re sent to third parties for use as storage batteries.

FYI If you just were concerned if they were Eve cells (not CATL or something else), I need to include “Grade A” in the title. lol.

I don't see any sign of sanding in your one good picture.
Would it be normal to have a slight bulge for a new Eve cell? its hardly visible to the eye. Only whena straight edge goes on it
Yes, it's normal for us. I have a theory that this is actually why they failed EV spec at the factory and end up on our market. They're not performance fails that get marked B, but they're physical fails for nonconformity. EV manufacturers probably are not happy if the cells don't fit exactly in their precision designed compression tray.

Did a capacity test on a cell. Tested from 3.6 -2.6v. Used the chinese heater tester from Will Prowse video here

Result was 295ah. Test report has it at 308.6ah. Is this normal degradation of a 10 month old cell with allegedly zero use?

EDIT: room temp was 22-25 degrees celcius. Discharged at 20A

Last edited:
Is this normal degradation of a 10 month old cell with allegedly zero use?
Doubt it, more likely difference in test assay. Likely to have been tested 3.65V to 2.5V unless you know otherwise. Different temperatures etc will all make a small difference.

Back