diy solar

diy solar

Every night at 11pm my Grid wattage spikes

thedman

At my remote cabin, I've seen that each night at 11pm, my grid usage spikes. I've looked through all my MPP 20204's settings and can't figure out what might be triggering this?

It's not from unexpected load

Any suggestions?
solar.jpg

Just a guess but looks like the battery is charging.

I thought that might be possible, so a few days ago I set the battery to only charge from Solar for now to eliminate that as a potential. Still, at 11pm grid jumps up 125w like clock work.

Battery settings - edit

Battery type
User
Charger source priority
Solar only

Shutdown battery voltage
21.6 V
To grid battery voltage
23.0 V
Back to battery voltage
28.0 V
Battery float charge voltage
27.6 V
Battery bulk charge voltage
29.2 V
Max charge current
20 A
Max AC charge current
20 A

Charging preference settings in the MPP manual are:
CSO: Charger use solar power first priority to charge battery. Utility will charge battery when no solar available.
CUT: Charger uses utility as first than Solar if utility not available.
SNU: Both solar and utility charges the battery.
OSO: Solar energy will be the only charging source.

For the MPP manual I looked up on the net the setting is #16. Yours may be different. Check your manual.

ah, thanks. As I'm monitoring remotely via SolarAssistant I had to find that setting in SA and yes, it's locked down as Solar only

1660940767314.png

SA may or may not be the most reliable setting method. I would go to the inverter and check the setting. Other than that where could the load come from and last as long as it does? You do not have an outdoor light that turns on a night? Or any other timed event?

What is output source priority set to? In solar system look under the lightning bolt tab .

It looks like you are in solar utility battery

Back