diy solar

diy solar

FBI warns of Solar System Cyber Threat

I got a notification of “unusual activity” from one of my Blink cameras. Turns out a group of paper wasps decided to build on the bottom of it. Didn’t want to soak the camera with spray killer sooo, I used my blower/vacuum. Sucked them and their nest right into the impeller and into little pieces.

Reactions: DPC
Or you can drop some malicious USB sticks in the parking lot at a major facility, and own the place outright in 48 hours.
Most big corporate systems block USB but someone taking it home and plugging it in happens all the time. Just like the LassPass hack., They went in through the engineers home computer.

Reactions: DPC
:love: YES!!!

I was a cheap ass and bought cheap security cameras for the office that likely have a backdoor, put them on their own vlan, ip filter blocking all traffic except to NVR, we are 100% microtik all the way for our ops. Only firewall exception on that vlan is for NTP to sync date/time.

There are ways to secure things and prevent from phoning home.
This is the only way to go IMO. If you wanted secure remote access, you could take that one step further with an Apple TV, connect the cameras to it using Scrypted (or similar) and stream to iCloud for remote viewing. I can view my cameras on my iPhone while also maintaining a local NVR.

It's still amazing these companies plug this stuff into the internet lmfao. rookie hour
Lots of systems have bluetooth, the user doesn't necessarily have to do anything.

Hypothetically speaking, suppose, just for example, that a large country with a large manufacturing base, were, nevertheless an adversary of the United States, and suppose that country manufactured both routers and also solar systems including hybrid inverters and also Li battery banks. Now suppose that they, for whatever reason, decided that they didn't like what we as a country were doing, so they sent out commands across the internet, and across the IOT of their manufactured units, that simultaneously bricked controllers, shorted the grid power, and also caused Li batteries to spontaneously self-combust, across every component that had bluetooth. (And, do you know for a fact that items that "don't have bluetooth" really don't have bluetooth?)

There is a reason the DOD doesn't want goods made in certain countries installed in military equipment and vehicles (including planes and battleships), although I can't imagine what that reason could possibly be.

diy solar

diy solar
Back