diy solar

diy solar

Felicity 300Ah 48v LPBA

Hassico

I have a humble solar system, 6 Longi 545 watt panels, Growatt inverter 5000, 4 welion 150Ah 12v gel batteries. My batteries have been performing badly lately, like really bad, were they might have lost about 70% of their usual output, do not know why that happened in the last couple of months. Anyways, I am planning to switch to lithium, searched the market and found that Felicity is popular in Lebanon, some people say they are good, others say the opposite, I do not know whom to listen to. Another new brand in the market is bluejoy advertising a whopping 12000 cycles.

Check the link to the batteries here:
Felicity: https://starzelectric.com/product/felicity-lpba48300-300ah-15kw-lithium-battery-copy/
Blue Joy: https://starzelectric.com/product/blue-joy-280ah-48v-lithium-battery-12000-cycles-2023/

Another thing, I do not know what is the max battery capacity my inverter can handle, or is there no limit? And what do you think about the pricing?

Not sure any inverters really care about battery capacity unless they're using a communication protocol, and then it usually maxes out at something silly like 10 of the wall units in parallel. If they're not using communication, and you don't have some kind of setup where the inverter has an inline shunt it communicates with, my understanding is it has no way to know how much capacity your battery bank has. At that point it's just going to work off what voltage it sees from the batteries.

Not sure any inverters really care about battery capacity unless they're using a communication protocol, and then it usually maxes out at something silly like 10 of the wall units in parallel. If they're not using communication, and you don't have some kind of setup where the inverter has an inline shunt it communicates with, my understanding is it has no way to know how much capacity your battery bank has. At that point it's just going to work off what voltage it sees from the batteries.
Thanks for the info, but what do you think of the batteries, quality, brand and pricing?

I bought 4 Felicity 10 KWh batteries used in the USA. The only possible way to get 10 kwh at them is to charge them up to 60 volts and discharge them down to 40, that is no good for them. Therefore I would say they're about 9 kwh. However all of the cells are immaculately balanced so they seem to be good quality just not very truthful.
I could never get the BMS to communicate with anything except their own software so I ended up changing them out for jbd BMS.
Either of those batteries should be good for you, I guess you're kind of limited to what you can get.

I bought 4 Felicity 10 KWh batteries used in the USA. The only possible way to get 10 kwh at them is to charge them up to 60 volts and discharge them down to 40, that is no good for them. Therefore I would say they're about 9 kwh. However all of the cells are immaculately balanced so they seem to be good quality just not very truthful.
I could never get the BMS to communicate with anything except their own software so I ended up changing them out for jbd BMS.
Either of those batteries should be good for you, I guess you're kind of limited to what you can get.
Thanks a lot for the response, so I should expect a 15 kWh to be around 13.5 and maybe less. How are they holding with time, any drop in capacity?

I don't know how their new ones would be and I'm not sure whether mine have lost capacity or not because I'm not that critical on testing them, I just note that they seem to be extremely well balanced.

Both are pretty good,
They both have BMS and can communicate with solar inverters ( such as Growatt - Voltronic - Deye ..... Etc ), you should know that the felicity is 6000 cycles at 80% DOD, which means that you can get 12Kw to maintain the 6000 cycles ( the battery accepts 95% DOD also )
BlueJoy is good, but it depends on the model, some models had pretty bad BMS which made me change the whole battery for the customers and wait for the suppliers to get a new BMS ( some suppliers is lebanon are not trustworthy for bluejoy )
In my country and lebanon, felicity is being serviced by the main company, not by some importer or something, which makes it a bit more trustworthy than bluejoy
Also, 12000 cycles is a bit concernening which is very high number of cycles, I think if they are honest it should be expensive.
For me I would recommend the Felicity (LPBA models ), they are quite good and the after sales are good ( not excelent ) and the same for bluejoy about the after sales

Back