diy solar

diy solar

Filterguys big announcement

What exactly does your role of being a SS consultant entail?
That is a fair question. If I thought my role was going to be ceremonial, I never would have agreed to it. I am a technical consultant and will be helping them on a wide range of topics based on my technical knowledge and experience in the DIY space. This could be about product documentation, product issues, and new product ideas to name a few. I told James the first time we discussed the relationship that I would only help if I can have fun doing it. If I am not making a real difference with my efforts, it won't be fun and we will part ways. (I believe that is a very unlikely outcome. Otherwise, I would not have started down this path)

This is fantastic news!

Plus, now we have another SS tech support guy with direct access to him here on the forum! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding. But not really since you're already a goto tech support guy for a lot of us. Congratulations to both you and SS. This is a win for all of us.

That is a fair question. If I thought my role was going to be ceremonial, I never would have agreed to it. I am a technical consultant and will be helping them on a wide range of topics based on my technical knowledge and experience in the DIY space. This could be about product documentation, product issues, and new product ideas to name a few. I told James the first time we discussed the relationship that I would only help if I can have fun doing it. If I am not making a real difference with my efforts, it won't be fun and we will part ways. (I believe that is a very unlikely outcome. Otherwise, I would not have started down this path)
Perhaps we will finally get some concrete N+G bond information in the actual SS paperwork! Congratulations and I'm looking forward to it. :D

I'm very happy for you and for Signature Solar. You will make a difference there and they will gain some needed expertise. You and I have corresponded many times in these forums and I have enjoyed conversing with you. Hopefully you will still be here active in the forums.

Now you can maybe get access to the needed information from the OE manufacturers on how these inverters function. I know over the past 2 years of your frustration due to lack of documentation by the OE's to their distributors and end consumer.

Proof is in the duration. No one needs to tell you of the potential pitfalls ahead.

Hoping for the best and big thanks for your many contributions here on diysolarforum!

I wish you all the luck. May I suggest a push for multi head mini splits.....my 24K is doing so much more than I ever expected and now I need bedroom units......push, push, push. It's so nice to come home and the house is like a deepfreeze.....all for free!

We all love FilterGuy over here :) he does smile like Alfred too btw
James, I am to technically inept to "tag" someone so I am going to post my thoughts to you here. My EG4 24K mini split has performed beyond my wildest expectations. I am running it off my main system and haven't even hooked it up to it's own dedicated panels yet. So far, I have plenty of extra power to run it. I like coming home to a house that feels like a deepfreeze and it's not costing my a dime to keep it that way. I cold not afford to install my system if you guys did not do such a good job of keeping costs low and affordable. THanks for the good work and please keep it up.

A new phase in my solar journey

Anyone who has followed me on the forum knows I have a passion for moving DIY solar forward and for helping people learn. I have had my frustrated rants (for which I apologize) but my intent has always been to be helpful and move the DIY solar space forward in a positive way.

@SignatureSolarJames recently reached out to me and asked if I would like to help EG4 and Signature Solar. I had a face-to-face meeting with James and other members of his team and it became obvious they had similar goals and passions as mine. Most importantly, I saw no indication that they wanted to silence me. I felt they truly wanted to hear my opinions in order to improve what they do. Based on all of that, I have agreed to be a consultant to Signature Solar and EG4. In that role, I hope to fairly represent the needs of you, the DIY community.

Will I be able to make a difference? I think I will, but only time will tell. But if I do make a difference, we all win.

My pledge to the forum is that I will not be a shill for the company. I won’t pretend that this won’t make me think twice about saying something negative, but I will continue to call it like I see it in an effort to be helpful. My role includes being a part of identifying any safety concerns and code support as it arises and I will not fail to post any known threats the day I become aware of them. I certainly won't tell you something I don’t believe to be true.
James has shown good wisdom in adding you to the team!

Proverbs 11:14
Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Congrats! May the force be with you in this journey to the dark side!

In all seriousness, your role will bring much needed change to many of the technical challenges that DIY'ers face due to the lack of clear and concise documentation. What you did with the 6500EX cabling scenarios explaining proper N-G bonding was priceless! SS should look to add this type of knowledge and direction to all product manuals going forward.

Wish you and SS all the best!

As others have said, this is a win for SS and the DIY community.

As someone who has mixed hands on with consulting in my own field of work, all I'll say is may God have mercy on your soul! LOL

Back