diy solar

diy solar

For $500 and 3KW, better components or all-in-one?

Skid

Solar Enthusiast
I have a 24V 105AH battery on the way from Amy Wan and now need to shop for inverters. In a setup 3 years ago I had a Growatt but issues with solar charging during the day shutting down, affecting battery capacity for the night made me wonder if the convenience is worth it. The alternative is a 3K Giandel PSW or similar to run part time, a Phoenix 24/375 to run all day, and an inexpensive MPPT.

I'm wary of the components in AIO at their price point but the convenience might be worth it. Or is a little extra effort without a screen a better investment? If AIO is there one better/easier than the others from Voltronic, SRNE etc?

With only 105Ah @ 24V, you need to be very mindful of the idle power draw. A 3kW voltronic will drain 1/3rd of the the battery every 24 hours in idle load consumption, i.e., even if powering no loads, your battery charge will drop by about 1/3rd per day.

A Phoenix has very low idle power consumption. The Giandels are decent, but not as good as the Victron.

The 3000w inverter will only be on about an hour a day but I need the juice then. Consumption isn't the issue as much as balancing ease of connectivity of an AIO and easily replaced components. I hope all in ones have made some progress in three years.

Back