diy solar

diy solar

Getting more costly to ship from China June 15th 2021?

daviddakers

The person who sent me this link (see updated later in thread) also said that due to various (unspecified) reasons Chinese industries are anticipating a 5-20% increase in costs which will very likely be passed on to customers starting 'soon'... Might just be a story to get me to get my order in quicker but I don't think so.

Last edited:
Contact did say this on further query: "In addition to the exchange rate, raw materials and other factors, the most important factors which influence the price are international politics and finance. The current price is likely to be the lowest price for a long time in the future."

The GRI does not specify a percentage. Most of this stuff is shipped on the spot market to fill capacity so it is hard to tell how much it will affect delivered prices.

Not to get political, but when a country increases the supply of a fiat currency as fast as the US has in the last year, the value of the currency will be devalued. Add to that by increasing demand by giving people "free" money to spend and decreasing supply of goods and services by preventing people from working and you will have inflation and lots of it. Look at the prices of commodities - lumber, steel, oil, etc. It's going to be an interesting ride.

Not to get political, but when a country increases the supply of a fiat currency as fast as the US has in the last year, the value of the currency will be devalued. Add to that by increasing demand by giving people "free" money to spend and decreasing supply of goods and services by preventing people from working and you will have inflation and lots of it. Look at the prices of commodities - lumber, steel, oil, etc. It's going to be an interesting ride.
It will be Hyper Inflation.

What you say makes sense in theory, but historically it has no basis in reality whatsoever. There are lots of reasons why the dollar value changes. The dollar's trajectory hasn't changed much in the last 4 years, in spite of the pandemic.

So, with the enormous shipping fees from China for these batteries, why aren't USA based companies tooling up to make these?
Maybe because they can't compete? Well maybe it's time for the US government to step in and actually protect domestic businesses for a change.

I see that as a major issue. we are too dependent on China and are giving away the markets and future technology to China.

If we continue to order everything from China and continue to fail to modernize and have a vibraant domestic manufacturing base, there is no long term future. At least not a pleasant one.

Last edited:
20% of All dollars printed happened in 2020. Does that sound historical to you? With all that money dumped into the banks, we are paying billions on entrust on that money. The only way out of this inflation is to raise entrust and burn the dollars, but then we will owe trillions.

Oddly and ironically, that makes it more attractive for foreign interests to set up supply chains / manufacturing in that country.
Its precisely why China has artificially deflated their currency for decades.

20% of All dollars printed happened in 2020. Does that sound historical to you? With all that money dumped into the banks, we are paying billions on entrust on that money. The only way out of this inflation is to raise entrust and burn the dollars, but then we will owe trillions.

LINK / SOURCE ??

Well, gas prices went down in 2017, 18 and 19. I personally paid $1.05 for gas in Texas in 2019, I don't recall gas going that low since the 80's.
Can't sell any product at a loss forever. How much are gas prices now?

Can't sell any product at a loss forever. How much are gas prices now?

The question you should be asking is "What makes the gasoline cost more to produce" ?

The market is always a balance between what's best for the consumer and what benefits the producer.

When you flagrantly cause the cost of production to rise, naturally the consumer price will also rise.

Back