diy solar

diy solar

Growatt issues.

I really don't want to deal with Growatt's customer service.
We are all here with the same goals!

What are your battery voltages? I suspect finding your solution revolves around whether your batteries are properly charged or not. From picture 6/10, it "looks" like battery voltage is only 50V. In another screen, it looks like both batteries are 0V, 0V, 0%. This might mean battery BMS hitting low voltage and cutting batteries completely. I just don't know how to read those screenshots.

Batteries read 48-50v
Your batteries are low. I would concentrate on why your array is not providing power or why your SCC is not charging your batteries with that power.
We bought the 50$ SanTan snail trail 250w solar panels. 12 of those wired up 6 and 6 .
*We have tried wiring them 4 of 3 and 3 of 4*
It was showing 100% battery and I think 209-212 on the PV output.
So wiring them up "6 and 6"? Is that 6 series (twice) and both strings in parallel? That seems to jive with the 197V from solar i saw in one of your pictures. With 250V max input, this sounds really good.

So what are the charge settings in your Growatt? Is it set to lithium charge profile? Or what does that look like? Can you snap a pic of your charge settings? Float volts, absorb volts, battery type,...

Your batteries are low. I would concentrate on why your array is not providing power or why your SCC is not charging your batteries with that power.

So wiring them up "6 and 6"? Is that 6 series (twice) and both strings in parallel? That seems to jive with the 197V from solar i saw in one of your pictures. With 250V max input, this sounds really good.

So what are the charge settings in your Growatt? Is it set to lithium charge profile? Or what does that look like? Can you snap a pic of your charge settings? Float volts, absorb volts, battery type,...
From what I read , you can only use the lithium setting for growatt batteries, so the batteries are set at default. I think AGM (?) The battery settings I believe are all still set to default. If I am thinking of the same thing you're asking about. C.V. charging voltage is 56.4v
Floating is 54.0

From what I read , you can only use the lithium setting for growatt batteries, so the batteries are set at default. I think AGM (?) The battery settings I believe are all still set to default. If I am thinking of the same thing you're asking about. C.V. charging voltage is 56.4v
Floating is 54.0
Unless I am misreading the manual (which is possible :) ), You should be using a user defined charging profile with the appropriate levels set, rather than the default AGM settings. Also, please go through and double check that the rest of the settings are configured the way you want them to be. The unit should be charging your batteries from the panels, and if it's not, (and assuming that everything is wired correctly) then there's either a problem with the settings or a problem with the unit itself.

Unless I am misreading the manual (which is possible :) ), You should be using a user defined charging profile with the appropriate levels set, rather than the default AGM settings. Also, please go through and double check that the rest of the settings are configured the way you want them to be. The unit should be charging your batteries from the panels, and if it's not, (and assuming that everything is wired correctly) then there's either a problem with the settings or a problem with the unit itself.
That's the big issue here. If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be here. Lol
I don't understand what any of the manual is talking about, and I don't know what to program it to do. I watched a video of someone setting their growatt spf 3000tl lvm and did the best I could.

The array voltage needs to be at least 5V higher (in general) than your battery voltage. Your Growatt should list the input voltage range. The manual may even have an optimal voltage range for the MPPT algorithm.

But if your batteries are 100% charged (and verified with a digital meter?) i do not think that solar or battery is your issue.

Possibly a bad connection from the inverter to the battery? Did you measure the voltage where the battery wires go into the Growatt?
Yes.. MPPT 60-115 for this model Growatt...

Okay. This is the one we ordered. But it looks like we got the
Off Grid Solar Inverter SPF 3000TL LVM-ES .
Not sure what the differences are.
Off-grid requires ground at ac ouput. Thats ul standards... which most ppl ignore

Does anyone know the difference between SOL and SBU priorities?

Have you tried SBU priority and see if at least battery can provide power?

I have same system but no battery and with grid connected. It is working fine. Customer service person Ian is very helpful and answered several of my questions.

Check your output wires hot line and neutral line. Are they shorted and connected, so output voltage is too low?

A question for anyone who know answer. In this type of all in one system, which voltage setting decide battery is low and should be charged?

Last edited:
A question for anyone who know answer. In this type of all in one system, which voltage setting decide battery is low and should be charged?
If you have this model then setting 12 you input voltage to go to grid and
setting 14 tells you how the battery will charge by solar or grid

If you're asking how to set the charging limits, Steve_S made a table that you may find helpful.

To enter your custom settings, here is an excerpt from the manual for Program 5 -User Defined - and then the other programs to enter the settings you choose.

Attachments

• GW.jpeg
    GW.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 5
Back