diy solar

diy solar

Growatt transformer

Bripromo solar

Hi please help, growatt auto Transformer tripping 25 amp breaker when growatt inverter es 5000w 2 in parallel switch from battery to grid. The inverters tripped 25 amp when it switches from battery to the grid and the tranformer makes a humming noise!! My electronic stuff burns out like microwave,TV, Thermostat, refrigerator. Etc

Double check your wiring.
Are the AC inputs reversed between the two inverters?

Probably going to need to know how you have your system wired. To be able to try and help you figure out what is going on.

Hi thanks for responding, I got 2 growatt inverter es 5000w 2 in parallel, 2 (50) amp from the grid to the input of the inverters and the output of the inverters to AC combiner box as the photo shown when the Batteries discharged to the cut-off point,switches over to grid the 25 amp Breaker in the Ac combiner box Tripped the transformer off making humming noise before it tripps. I lost my neutral which cause some of my Electronics devices to Burned-out.!! I SPEND 2 days checking everything grounding, Bonding, wiring still cannot figure it out. The wiring polarity are correct. I KNOW the growatt inverter es 5000w is an UK version 230V 50hz and was converted for US market, Please Help..

This is my setup

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-162938_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221014-162938_Photos.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2022-10-09_1665329427106.png
    2022-10-09_1665329427106.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 27
What is confusing is the system works great with solar and battery, when there are No solar and battery power, switches to the grid that is when the growatt Auto Transformer tripped and makes that humming noise. ??

The pictures are too blurry to make out the wiring.
Do you have a diagram of how you have it all wired?
There's only two reasons for that breaker to trip.
Too much load, or a short.

I got only a 100 watt light bulb hooked up to the Ac load..I am thinking is a defective transformer however the system is working with solar and battery fine..

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the transformer. Since it works fine in battery mode.

Go to YouTube I got a video there about the installation. Carriacou solar growatt 5000es inverter

No solar, Batteries discharged to 20% switches to the grid growatt auto Transformer makes a loud humming noise and then tripped!! I lost the neutral which cause my appliances to Burn.

Did you isolate nuetral from grid and transformer. Is transformer hooked up where inverter wires straight to it. Then 2 hot and nuetral wires out of it to transfer switch. Then grid to transfer switch 2 hot and neutral. This way neutral is supplied by transformer when transfer switch in inverter position only when solar on. Nuetral supplied by grid only when transfer switch in grid position.

Back