diy solar

diy solar

Help ID these cell's/BMS

EvanC

Been looking at DIY banks for awhile now, and found some cells and a BMS for very cheap locally. Kind of an estate sale type deal.

They are relatively low capacity, but will suit my needs for a small project just fine for now. Seller claims brand new never been used.

My main question is, is this a decent BMS to use, and does anyone know where I can find a manual or some type of resource that can explain how to connect this BMS to the 8 cells properly? And how will I go about connecting to the BMS to program the settings? I googled the part number without much luck. From my search I feel like it's a discontinued model.

Also, I don't think the seller has bus bar's for interconnecting the cells. Any good idea's on sourcing bus bar's, or perhaps idea's/resources on making my own?

Planning to wire together 8s for a 24v bank.

Thanks.

IMG_8732.png

IMG_8733.png

Wiring: My guess is blue is to battery, and black is to load.
The black, white, and red wires go in order with each cell. Red to + on last cell, black to - on first cell, and each white to + in sequence.

Maybe some help here:

Might be similar to this:

did you try to search for "xiaoxiang bms"?

Wiring: My guess is blue is to battery, and black is to load.
The black, white, and red wires go in order with each cell. Red to + on last cell, black to - on first cell, and each white to + in sequence.

Maybe some help here:

Might be similar to this:

did you try to search for "xiaoxiang bms"?

Thanks for the links.

Yes I searched, and found many that visually look just like this one, but couldn't find this exact one anywhere. But other than the listed pack voltage and current output rating, I can't tell the difference between any of the models, and I don't know enough about them to know if there are vast differences in programming/connectivity/capability.

I for sure have a lot more reading to do.

Is it safe to assume the one in my picture will connect via bluetooth? (Do they all connect via bluetooth...?)

Thanks for the links.

Yes I searched, and found many that visually look just like this one, but couldn't find this exact one anywhere. But other than the listed pack voltage and current output rating, I can't tell the difference between any of the models, and I don't know enough about them to know if there are vast differences in programming/connectivity/capability.

I for sure have a lot more reading to do.

Is it safe to assume the one in my picture will connect via bluetooth? (Do they all connect via bluetooth...?)
I think you need the Bluetooth adapter for it to work. JBD/XiaoXiang BMSs usually don't have Bluetooth built in internally, but rather use an external adapter like this, connected to the UART port:

Back