diy solar

diy solar

Help me Install 3 EG4 Mini Split Solar Heat Pumps

in AC Limit, as low as 199w at 11pm when the unit is set to 76 and the room is 75. At that setting, running in AC Limit mode all night, Keeps the room at 73F and slides up and down in power usage from 0 watts to 200 watts.
Yes I have seen "exterior heat load" variable in action too! The overnight load for a bedroom unit is exactly as I hoped :) thx

Just thought I'd chime in regarding the EG4 24k BTU unit.

Finished my DIY installation last month. 8 used 260 W Trina panels from Santan mounted E-W on two BrightMount kits from Signature Solar.
Can you please clarify the “mounted E-W” setup of your panels? Are you paralleling 4 260w panels in series facing east with 4 260w panels in series facing west? Or are all 8 panels in series and facing south? Photo?

Thanks for clarifying DonF - appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone has tried a parallel panel setup with an EG4 solar mini split despite the warning on page 17 of the Installation & Owner’s Manual (“Paralleling of the solar array is not recommended as the maximum rated Array Short circuit current is 12 amps.”)?

Thanks for clarifying DonF - appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone has tried a parallel panel setup with an EG4 solar mini split despite the warning on page 17 of the Installation & Owner’s Manual (“Paralleling of the solar array is not recommended as the maximum rated Array Short circuit current is 12 amps.”)?
I would not

DIY Solar is here now...
Alright! And that's not a bad price

I guess I am about to get to try it....I ordered my second 24K unit last night. It is the new do it yourself......Still need to get my panels tied in to the first one.
Me too. But getting close . Rain is holding me up on the panel install now

Well another phase in the project completed.

Besides installing the 3 solar ACs and arrays for each, I'm also expanding my inverter array from 5k to 6.2k watts.

To do this I had to add splices to all my 6 existing pv cable plus add 4 more because the dual midnight solar combiner boxes (3 in / 1 out each) had to be upgraded.

So a got an 8 in / 2 out Watts 247 combiner and a steel box with terminal block bar for the splices.

Here's how it came out
IMG_20230621_111956.jpg

IMG_20230621_112034.jpg

IMG_20230621_113733.jpg

Now I can install the Solar AC Breaker Box for the Solar Breakers right next to this main Combiner. But this had to be done 1st to make room for the AC Breaker box. I am going to Repurpose the Midnite Solar 3in / 1 out combiner for the ACs and use the 3 breakers, but not combine them. Just 3 separate (+) breakers for the 3 incoming AC arrays.

Stumbled across @FilterGuy 's white paper on overpaneling, interesting info on max Isc and so on and how it pertains to some of the lower power Sol-Ark (Deye) equipment.

You'd think as an Engineer, the MPPT that's in these units would have a familial relationship as a Deye product. Something to read and think about??

Back