diy solar

diy solar

Help us design a rack-mounted system for the UK

Some (probably massive) final project renders. Slightly annoyed by the RJ45 cables covering part of the screen, however, I guess that's a downside of the big screen. I struggled to put the BMS connectors anywhere else, however, in version 2, I will probably create a custom board to place them somewhere else. We've packed all this into a 3.5U - so there's not much space inside.

Bulk shipment of these arriving next week for testing.

6draws_6batteries_R02_V01.png3draws_3batteries_R02_V01.png

Looking great - really like the trolley wheels and the screwable feet; well thought through!

Seplos or JK BMS (or either!)?

Does this case supports 280/304 AH cells?
I think not. The case is not tall enough or deep enough going on the dimensions supplied and those of an EV280K.
I hope they will bring out a DIY option that we can put our own cells into as the design of both the case and the racks looks first class.
Something to look forward to, as I am sure Fogstar will be evaluating these for a while.

Is 3500 cycles realistic or are they down playing the longevity. Also DOD of 80% seems a little disappointing. Are these figures what a DIY option is likely to produce?

The LF100LA is 4000 cycles, we could just put '6000' cycles like other retailers, but we're not about inflating figures.

The DIY kits are coming! Just takes time, unfortunately :(
So do most manufacturers lie about the cycles their product will do before any major degradation?

So do most manufacturers lie about the cycles their product will do before any major degradation?
not really, difference is testing method
as example

eve 304 are given 3000 cycles @1c
eve 280k are given 6000 cyclea @0.5c

so when halfing the load/pressure one effectively doubles the life span.
so the advise for longevity would be to stay at 0.5c , thus buy more batteries :)

not really, difference is testing method
as example

eve 304 are given 3000 cycles @1c
eve 280k are given 6000 cyclea @0.5c

so when halfing the load/pressure one effectively doubles the life span.
so the advise for longevity would be to stay at 0.5c , thus buy more batteries :)
I take it we're talking internal temperatures?

Sorry what unit is C in this context?
in this context, 1C is how many charge/discharge cycle a given battery allows in 1 hour. (as opposed to celsius temperature measurement unit)

for a 100 Amp hour battery, 1C = 100 Amp

2C means 2 Cycle per hour (200Amp on above battery)
0.5C means 0.5 Cycle per hour (50Amp on above battery)

2.0C implies full charge in 30 minutes
1.0C implies full charge in 1 hour
0.5C implies full charge in 2 hours.

Hi Ben, No more postings on this thread. Are these ready for sale as fully supported and warrantied units yet or still in Beta test with V2.0 just around the corner?

Hi Ben, No more postings on this thread. Are these ready for sale as fully supported and warrantied units yet or still in Beta test with V2.0 just around the corner?
The first batch came and went: https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/server-rack-batteries

I already bought a couple of Seplos Mason 280 kits elsewhere, but otherwise, I'd have definitely ordered a rack and 4 of these. Looks like a better option than pylon-tech and cheaper too.

They were pre-order for ages, obviously very well received. I hope to get a couple in the next batch!

Thanks all, they were recieved very well. Apart from...I made a small mistake on the screen and had to manually update every one by opening them all and inserting a micro sd in the back :( . It took us days!!

Sorting supply issues now and scaling up to handle the demand - also excited for the 15kwh battery we have planned, just waiting for a custom 300A BMS to be made and a custom JK active balancer.

It is good to have someone in the UK offering these. I'm keen to see one opened and reviewed. If they are like the 105 i watched they will be good batteries for sure.

Thanks all, they were recieved very well. Apart from...I made a small mistake on the screen and had to manually update every one by opening them all and inserting a micro sd in the back :( . It took us days!!

Sorting supply issues now and scaling up to handle the demand - also excited for the 15kwh battery we have planned, just waiting for a custom 300A BMS to be made and a custom JK active balancer.
So there's a single rack unit of 15kwh coming? How will that compare to the 3x 5kwh in the cabinet, price wise?

Back