diy solar

How do DIY folks deal with NEC 690.4 (C) - Qualified Persons Only

Electricity, Let's see,
Black to Black,
White to White,
Ground to Ground.
What else do ya need to know?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Black/White/Green 🤔

That is a 480 Three phase connection without a ground? I'm pretty sure that is correct..... At least that is correct for at least one motor circuit where I work.....

I don't think a PE is (considered to be) qualified.

To handle anything besides a pen.
My mentor and journeyman that signed off my electrical apprentiship hours was a licensed PE, he had some more crude things to say about engineers in general. He didn't really like the whole class snobbery they portrayed during the 70's. He got more change orders on poorly designed jobs than anyone I ever worked with.
And your comment "I don't think a PE is (considered to be) qualified" to do electrical installations is true in every state that requires an electrical journeyman exam. They can pass the test sure, but they don't have the 8,000 hours from the field to even be eligible for the exam.

Being qualified in a literal sense means you know what you’re doing. Being qualified in the real world means you have successfully completed your journey through the apprenticeship and union labor pay to play monopoly.

From an electricians manual "Qualified Person. A person who has the skill and knowledge related to the construction and operation of electrical equipment and it's installation. This person must have received safety training to recognize and avoid the hazards involved with electrical systems."

Back