diy solar

diy solar

How to adjust limit threshold on SUN GTIL?

paramax55

I just hooked up my first SUN GTIL2 2KW inverter and it is working as it should, but I want to change some things. I have it connected to the well pump for testing. The CT sensor is clamped to the incoming power for the well and the inverter is connected to the well's relay. When the well is off, so is the inverter. When the well comes on, so does the inverter. Theory proven - it works.

I'm waiting on some bigger coils so I can clamp to the main power coming in and tie the inverter to the main panel. When I get it set up, I'd like the inverter to NOT aim for zero incoming power, but let something like 500-1000W to come in from the grid. I have two reasons for this.

1)We have a minimum bill here of about $35.00 (as does much of the country I'm sure). Your bill doesn't go above this until you reach a certain use threshold. Any electricity I get from the grid that's below this threshold is essentially free since I have to pay for it anyway.

2) It will give me a bigger safety buffer to make sure I don't backfeed the grid.

I've heard there is a calibration potentiometer for the sensor. If so, I'm sure I can find it. But it sure would be easier if someone knows that it's "R31" or something like that. Even better is if someone has already gotten this idea to work. Or is there an even better way all together?

I need exactly the same info. My 2kw Sun GTIL2 has been back feeding ever so slightly, likely due to me extending the sensor cable.

I’m also keen to know if there’s a calibration potentiometer inside.

Today I’m about to try adding an in-line potentiometer. Wish me luck!

Many thanks for this, I also managed to fix and remove the small export I had (around 50w)

Back