diy solar

diy solar

How to wire BMS that Will P was so excited about!

Well Isn't this just special! Battery hookup 101 and I'm failing, yes? I believe after all of your special input, I have arrived at my destination.:unsure::unsure:

FYI, I am purchasing the largest BMS available (150amp) just for giggles & shits!

4S Battery.jpg

SAJJEN, The only reason for Bank 2 being rotated is to facilitate the ease of connection to bank 3 negative buss bar.

Asking just because I don't know...
Is there a cell numbering convention for such a "battery" as displayed in the previous post?
I ask because it seems odd that cell #1 would have the negative lead.

The wiring diagrams for BMS and ISDT BattGo that I have seen, cell 1 comes up as displayed above, from the negative lead.

Is it just me to think that the positive lead would be on cell #1? (instead of #4)

I would class the example in this thread as effectively generating understanding for a noob. To get more nit picky might shake some of that newly experienced understanding into doubt & is best left for a later lesson.

Asking just because I don't know...
Is there a cell numbering convention for such a "battery" as displayed in the previous post?
I ask because it seems odd that cell #1 would have the negative lead.

The wiring diagrams for BMS and ISDT BattGo that I have seen, cell 1 comes up as displayed above, from the negative lead.

Is it just me to think that the positive lead would be on cell #1? (instead of #4)
My personal preference would be to number from negative. Thus the nominal voltage for each is the cell number times the nominal voltage.

Cell 1 - expected reading = 1 x 3.2v = 3.2
Cell 2 - expected reading = 2 x 3.2v = 6.4

This also works well for the way you usually connect the bms monitor wires. Start with the black ground wire, the next wire goes on cell 1 positive, next on cell 2 positive and so on.

Back