diy solar

diy solar

HQST non-responsive??? Phone number???

cjcl

Ordered a 400 watt solar kit from HQST. Received the controller and the wire, bracket, misc parts, however no solar panels. Sent them an email, crickets. One would think that since they are owned by Renogy and you can talk to Renogy you could talk to them as well. I haven't been able to find a phone number for them anywhere. Does anyone know either how to get the number or if someone has a number would they be willing to share it?

This appears to be a running theme for people who order directly off the HQST website. I don't believe anyone has come up with a phone number yet.

I know this doesn't help you now, but for you and others who are interested in their products:
In the future, I recommend buying them on eBay or Amazon. You get the same products and sale prices with the advantage of better issue resolution from the large e-commerce middlemen. (That's the route I took for several HQST solar panels and a charge controller over the years.)

Thanks for the response. Believe it or not the panels showed up today. I guess they just waited until I complained. It's still frustrating that there is no effective way of communicating with them.

Thanks for the response. Believe it or not the panels showed up today. I guess they just waited until I complained. It's still frustrating that there is no effective way of communicating with them.

Well if they are owned by Renogy (their phone number is directly on their website, just look at any product page), you might be able to talk to someone, but good luck it helping. I wasted so many hours dealing with them and could not get any resolve. They asked for pictures and details, I sent them to their online trouble ticket platform. They would reply on the very same platform and ask for for the same info each time. And each time, it was a different person responding. The first phone call was promising, a guy who sounded pretty stressed out said he would call me back that day. He never called back. I called back and asked for him and they would always put me in touch with someone else, who I would then have to explain the whole thing all over again and then they would once again refer me to the online ticket system! It was just so maddening!

Sold my Renogy stuff and am glad to be rid of it. It never worked right. Hopefully your HQST is made better than what I had, cause I had a whole Renogy setup.

I'm trying to get some traction on an HQST warranty claim I submitted, and nothing but a request confirmation email in over a week.
Just tried calling Renogy, and of course it's just a remote support line where they give me the typical "we don't have any contact info for HQST or anyone at Renogy headquarters" nonsense..... Right, I definitely believe that. :rolleyes:
I legitimately might just show up at their door with the dead panel in a few weeks if they haven't responded.

So, I posted in another HQST thread about how I had a pretty poor customer service experience with them in terms of response times.

Several months ago I had bought a charge controller from them, tried to cancel, but they had already shipped. This was fine, as I opted to return it. They sent me a label and I returned it, no problem, even if it took often times multiple days in lag time for responses.

However, it then took AGES to get my refund. I had to go back and forth asking them on the status. Eventually, almost two months after I had first ordered my parts, I did get my refund. So I can't say they scammed me or anything, but wow, the response times on anything took ages.

That said, the solar panels I bought from them work great. They're the 9BB style and they tolerate partial shading really well, and they were cheap. Construction and packaging for shipping was robust enough to survive getting here with no damage. They actually slightly exceeded their 100W rating sometimes during peak sun, at least according to my SCC. I have nothing negative to say about their panels.

Last edited:
Back