diy solar

diy solar

Major Problems with Solar Cellz USA - No Product and No Refund

Most important, SMA could tell OP whether Solar Cellz USA has ordered 4 more units.

In my door case, the NJ middleman had placed the order with the factory, but kept the money.
I demand to see this 10k door!!!

Post pics or it didn’t happen

I demand to see this 10k door!!!

Post pics or it didn’t happen

With tax, delivery and install, it was actually over 10k. I needed a door that was a little over 4' wide and 8' tall. A basic solid wood door in that size was quoted in San Jose for $6k, excluding delivery or installation. Those hand built doors are metal, it's like comparing a bicycle with a race car.
The manufacturer is PIRNAR:

The thing that pisses me off about this whole thing...I can absorb $11k. I am not rich, but I've done well. There's folks on here struggling to afford LuxPower 3k. What is they had given their cash to this type of business?

With tax, delivery and install, it was actually over 10k. I needed a door that was a little over 4' wide and 8' tall. A basic solid wood door in that size was quoted in San Jose for $6k, excluding delivery or installation. Those hand built doors are metal, it's like comparing a bicycle with a race car.

Man they nailed that American Psycho vibe to a tee!!

Cool door.

You can't stir the pot, you need to crap in the pot. Now that you have received the second unit and hopefully tracking information and serial numbers you are better armed to take them on. Eat more beans or what ever works for you.

You can't stir the pot, you need to crap in the pot. Now that you have received the second unit and hopefully tracking information and serial numbers you are better armed to take them on. Eat more beans or what ever works for you.
I plan to…it took me a good part of a day to update my info and create this post…and that’s a day I am not working on my business, my shop, book keeping and taxes, etc. And I got a timeline for all that. But yes, it’s on my priorities of work to reengage….sooner rather than later.

I would think that there is a 99% chance that your "Friend" Nathan has already read this thread and is watching it daily.
I would "Up" my resolve as he is probably trying to figure out if 2 Inverters has appeased you.

This is one of the reasons why I never buy high ticket items from small distributors or ones with a horrible customer service track records.
The last time I had an experience like this was in the early 2000s and I looked back at it right after I got my money back and realized that I had gone way over my ethical line to get my money back.

Last edited:
OK I'm totally lost -- maybe you answered this but I could not find it ... simply call you CC company and tell them that you did not get the SMA's and they will return your money....

am I missing something here ..????

This happens to me and others 100X a day ...

You get a bad vendor -- you give them a shot -- and then you just call your CCC and be done ...

I wil tell you straight up 10000% ... you wasting your time wiht the NC AG or POPO or BoyScouts or whatever is 1000% wasting your time .. not a damn thing they CAN or WILL do ... seriously ...

Just call your CC and dispute the charge ... I would also tell the CCC that the SMA you did get was damaged and have them credit that also ...

No, crickets from them, NC state, and SMA (who I Cced). I haven’t had time to stir any more pots, but it’s on my to do list.

What do you expect any of those guys to do ... SMA is the manufacturer - they have no idea if these guys actually sold you anything or not ... for all they know you could probably be lying .... but again -- at this point - i would just cancel the whoe thing with the credit card company - send back the last 2 you got due to damage and be done with these guys ....

I'll bet you the ones you DID get are from the DC Solar fiasco ...

What do you expect any of those guys to do ... SMA is the manufacturer - they have no idea if these guys actually sold you anything or not ... for all they know you could probably be lying .... but again -- at this point - i would just cancel the whoe thing with the credit card company - send back the last 2 you got due to damage and be done with these guys ....

I'll bet you the ones you DID get are from the DC Solar fiasco ...
Tell me again you read the post.

1) there is some engagement with SMA and Nathan attempted to blame the situation on Chris M. from SMA. Yes, this might be through a distributor but obvious there WAS some direct communication. It’s obvious that Nathan didn’t have the shit on hand and coordinated in an effort to source them.

2) it’s too late for charge backs via my bank.

3) does that factory SMA box sitting on my deck look like a trailer take off? Trailer take offs come with jack shit; not even back plates because they didn’t use them.

4) Trailers never used Sunny BOYS. They had Sunny ISLANDS with a MidNite Solar charge controller (DC coupled).

Last edited:
Two more just showed up via FedEx. Two units still outstanding (actually the cash because the fkr offered a refund in December).

IMG_0222.jpeg

Weirdest coincidence of my life. An hour after posting this, Fedex showed up out of the blue with a second (of six) Sunny Boys. I still want a refund for the four others (as was offered and accepted...which is called a contract).

Judging by condition of the box, I would say these were not drop-shipped from SMA, or delivered from SMA to his warehouse (storage unit) and then shipped FedEx to you.

I would guess he bought it where I buy mine. From liquidator who got it after it fell off the back of a truck. (or I from failed installs, but then not a complete set in box.)

1710450217420.png

And good luck serving someone when you can't find them.
Maybe some tricks to accomplish that.

Good they are trickling in.

You're doing better than the participants of a group buy, cells from China, I think it was. Appeared he meant well but got stretched by volume and bad supplier.

Lesson learned, dispute a charge within credit card time limits.

Is that bullet proof glass?
Can lock be spoofed with a gummy bear?

You might leave a glass behind at a bar. Or somewhere outside the house, maybe on your car.
That, and a gummy bear, is all it would take.

might leave a glass behind at a bar

almost nobody ever uses that door. If it wasn't for me building the solar installation in the past 4 months (all equipment is best accessed through this door), I would say the door hasn't been opened since at least summer 2023.

Oh, and as hillbillies, we don't lock the other doors. We have plenty of dogs off leash.

Back