diy solar

diy solar

I am so happy

Ordered this, it should arrive by December, it says sine wave but I have my doubts, it also sais 6000 watts so.... Yeah "merde" as is said in Quebec

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231124-145115.jpg
    Screenshot_20231124-145115.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 14
I won't do it, too risky especially with your $4 inverter. If I were you, I would save money & be patient before doing the solar project. Doing things right in the first place will save your life, property/asset, and money.
Thank you, a new inverter is on its way and should arrive by December, it sais sine wave but also indicates 6000 watts so it might as well be sold by modern day politicians

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231124-145115.jpg
    Screenshot_20231124-145115.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 11
Ordered this, it should arrive by December, it says sine wave but I have my doubts, it also sais 6000 watts so.... Yeah "merde" as is said in Quebec
If you are able to cancel that order, I definitely would. You can get a lot more for that price, a whole lot more.

If you are able to cancel that order, I definitely would. You can get a lot more for that price, a whole lot more.
For example

Note sgp support has been subpar based off what I've seen here and experienced but it will likely be much better than anything you'll get through aliexpress.

The links I provided above would upgrade you to a 24v system, making your current battery useless but your current panel may work depending on the voc.

Edit - the specs of that inverter were changed, it needs 120VOC minimum so you would need 3 or 4 panels in series to 'wake it up' and start charging. Sorry for any confusion.

Thank you, a new inverter is on its way and should arrive by December, it sais sine wave but also indicates 6000 watts so it might as well be sold by modern day politicians
Please review DIYsolarforum about inverter. There are tons of discusion what and how to decide a good inverter ranging from 12V thru 48VDC.
For 12V inverter you need to be careful, the wiring req is getting big and you need to have fuse/breaker for protection.

Good morning, my name is Christopher from the oui oui french part of Canada ( so kindly tolerate my struggles in your evil capitalist English (kidding) and I ought to mention that I moved to Philippines for obvious reasons, here in this great country I've found that everything solar is dirt cheap, because everything comes from china and also because of the tragedy that befell our once power full neighbour, usa it started with a Chinese 12v battery.... It sais 100ah but that's just about as truthful as WW2 history, the battery is connected to a 300watt solar panel,using simple battery clamps and just yesterday I received a very petite DC to ac inverter that sais 220watts, no fan mind you, I've conncted my crappy 10yr old Fujitsu laptop to it, my fiber optic modem, my fan, until 4 am and I was so excited that I am wasn't using dirty coal power to operate my devices and yes the inverter was warm and hot to the touch but it continued to work even as I used a 50watt fan to operate all night long, I am super excited because I've been dreaming of doing this is n Canada since th age of 19 and now for only 20-25$cad for a solar panel my dream of electric independence has come true,... Wanted to add an addendum, the fan does make an audible whirring noise on the inverter but after using Google, I wasn't nervous about damaging the fan... Thank you and good day
I'm happy for you! Been to the Philippines many times, great weather there and lower cost of living. Solar powering your devises is wonderful.

OP your thread title is so clickbait. Everyone wants to see why you are so happy. I will use similar tactics in the future.

Found ring terminals online (because I am so so far from civilized Philippines) that everything is done online... But I don't know which terminal size .. I don't have a caliper and I cannot understand inches, the size of the bottom of the bolt is (the part that you screw in) is roughly 1cm wide, I want to say m8 but that is just a visual guess

Please review DIYsolarforum about inverter. There are tons of discusion what and how to decide a good inverter ranging from 12V thru 48VDC.
For 12V inverter you need to be careful, the wiring req is getting big and you need to have fuse/breaker for protection.
Thank you but I do not intend to link the batteries in series... High voltage scares me, I'll stick with parallel once I receive additional batteries,

Is there a site or something where I can calculate everything (all the appliances) in my household and how much wattage I will need to keep them operational during the none sunny hours of the day? I fully intend to purchase an air conditioner that only uses 500-580 watts but here there are things like inverter/converter options for AC that I've never heard of in my part of the world

I'm curious just how many batteries and 300 watt solar panels I'll need for this venture

Is there a site or something where I can calculate everything (all the appliances) in my household and how much wattage I will need to keep them operational during the none sunny hours of the day? I fully intend to purchase an air conditioner that only uses 500-580 watts but here there are things like inverter/converter options for AC that I've never heard of in my part of the world

I'm curious just how many batteries and 300 watt solar panels I'll need for this venture
You meant by power audit? if yes, go to search box top right corner, and type power audit. You will see lots of topics around it. It will be a good knowledge to know.

Back