diy solar

diy solar

In over my head

Are you able to log tracker and fixed power, total per day and instantaneous?
That would be interesting to see graphed after a year.

See how much difference it makes in the depth of winter when you may want every watt-hour (I'm guessing optimum fixed angle about as good), and during summer if running daytime loads, the tracker may mean smaller battery needed because morning and evening production is improved.

Are you able to log tracker and fixed power, total per day and instantaneous?
That would be interesting to see graphed after a year.

See how much difference it makes in the depth of winter when you may want every watt-hour (I'm guessing optimum fixed angle about as good), and during summer if running daytime loads, the tracker may mean smaller battery needed because morning and evening production is improved.
The scc gives me the total amount per day and keeps a history. I'll be happy to share this information when enough is gathered. Thanks again.

Update, I now have 1 tracker assembled and operating for a total of 10 panels. 5 fixed, 5 on the tracker. Fridge has been running for 5 days and I still achieve float status by noon every day. Planning to have second tracker operational this week. I feel good about the system and the amount of power. I would like to thank you all again for the help and patience. Really don't think I could have done it without your assistance. Thanks Hedges, sunshine eggo, pv girl.

And you'll eventually be 5S4P? I'll be shocked if you aren't able to output the full 100A most of the day! :)

You're over-paneled like mad, but you're well within the limits of the MPPT.

Time to update your "About"!

Back