diy solar

diy solar

Information Overload - Where do I start?:)

Totally understandable. That prop is painfully spendy.
Slowly getting there with motor housing design - realise that your motor room measurements will be different so no use for you in it's current state but might give you some ideas. Came to the sad conclusion that the motor shafts are not long enough to cater for two timing belt pulleys (or at least not any I can find as their combined with is longer than the shaft). So have settled for a set of standard V-Belts as believe should suffice (maybe even be a bit more quiet).

HOUSING.png

Slowly getting there with motor housing design - realise that your motor room measurements will be different so no use for you in it's current state but might give you some ideas. Came to the sad conclusion that the motor shafts are not long enough to cater for two timing belt pulleys (or at least not any I can find as their combined with is longer than the shaft). So have settled for a set of standard V-Belts as believe should suffice (maybe even be a bit more quiet).

View attachment 190428
With parts broken out it probably makes more sense:

Front Master.png
Rear Master.pngRing Master.png

Yeah - getting there step by step. Got a couple of question marks around design that I need to finalize and once done I will cut. Will keep posting here as I move forward:)

Congrats!! Saw motor spinning on YouTube 5 minutes ago, great progress!! Got the motor housing design done and received quotation for cutting it all in 10mm SS 316 A4 and came to £500 (around 850 Canadian Dollar). The way this is going it would have been cheaper to buy something of the shelf but hey ho, would only be half as fun. Received the motor adaptor, had them machined (hole sunk for bolts for clearance) and tapped (threaded) for the M6 slider pins and happy to see that all line up so far. Put an order in for the lower shaft and the hope is that it will work well with the pair of bearings I have..... to be continued....
motor_ring.png

Back