diy solar

diy solar

Inside the Basen test & dispatch center

Sverige

A Brit in Sweden
An interesting video tour showing racks of batteries presumably being charged to an even level ready for dispatch. Nothing about the equipment shown seems to indicate it can do anything more sophisticated like measure cell IR or capacity.

Any leads to a battery terminal can do anything that needs leads to a battery terminal, i.e., those big units likely measure impedance via a 1kHz wave to measure IR. If it's not those units, it's something similar before this process.

Worth noting that there does not appear to be any effort to compress the cells.

Any leads to a battery terminal can do anything that needs leads to a battery terminal, i.e., those big units likely measure impedance via a 1kHz wave to measure IR. If it's not those units, it's something similar before this process.

Worth noting that there does not appear to be any effort to compress the cells.
The reason I said it looks like those racks only charge the cells, is the lack of display to show a test result beyond a simple red LED on the shelf edge in each cell position. In some frame grabs you can see it’s not even a bicolour red/green LED, it’s simply either on or off.

Yes it’s conceivable the machine will refuse to light the ”ready“ LED if IR is out of range, but are cell vendors really that fussy over the quality of what they ship that they would pay the premium for a more expensive test rack, as those shelves with charging built in already look kind of pricey. I couldn’t track down a website for “Fanix” who seem to be the manufacturer of the charging shelves, but I guess their business is a niche one local to the shenzhen battery business and maybe the spelling in English is off. Trying to translate the Chinese text next to the Fanix name suggested “Fangzi” which also doesn’t help.

83CDE7EA-FDBB-4F9B-A101-7A7E2FA9BF41.jpegB491FA11-B57F-4243-9FDA-27C6AA810D3D.jpeg11367246-8230-4DF6-8079-8A3FB088264C.jpeg

Back