diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

Looks like Sungold has a new inverter listed:
They seem to have two units that are 10 KW split phase 48 VDC hybrid inverters.

The unit above is SG10KHB-48 and priced at $2400.

Another unit is SPH10K48SP and priced at $1670.

The price difference seems large for what appear to be minor differences in specs.

SG has 4 MPPT and 15 KW PV, SPH has 2 MPPT and 11 KW.

Other than that, I can't really see anything significantly different. What am I missing?

The SG unit says cooling is convection, but it clearly has fans depicted in the user manual. UL 1741 isn't listed either.

Mike C.

I believe that's a rebranded megarevo based off a post I saw from @G00SE .
I'd stay away from it based on past megacrappo feedback here.
Yea. I posted it in an old thread of yours about senergy. I really thought it was that one
Then I downloaded the manual and compared with Senergy, mpp, and megarevo and it’s definitely the megarevo.
So they went that route and powmr went the mpp route. I guess we will see how it pans out

Imo the SRNE rebrand (the cheaper one) is still the benchmark. It has ONE shortcoming, but I’d rather 2 sub panels than equipment that doesn’t function but is stackable.
They (Megarevo and mpp) probably stack nicely in the trash too. 🤣

Yea. I posted it in an old thread of yours about senergy. I really thought it was that one
Then I downloaded the manual and compared with Senergy, mpp, and megarevo and it’s definitely the megarevo.
So they went that route and powmr went the mpp route. I guess we will see how it pans out

Imo the SRNE rebrand (the cheaper one) is still the benchmark. It has ONE shortcoming, but I’d rather 2 sub panels than equipment that doesn’t function but is stackable.
Thanks for looking into this @G00SE that makes sense. I know a lot of the guys in Europe and Africa love these Deye 10k, but they’re hard to get into the USA. BA8393AF-6BF3-4590-A60D-077BE29A9446.png
It does look also like a Megarevo
812E419B-5953-489F-81A9-DE1F3F02C68B.jpeg
I’m not sure what factories are spitting these out. I’ve watched some Deye main board replacement videos on YouTube and I know the boards are harder to get down into and they usually have a heat sink on the backs of the power boards on the low sides. I know I’ve seen alot of posts of guys who love this build design, but I also remember the Megarevo drama so… something to watch I guess.

My SG 10k has been running wonderfully I can’t complain, do wish I could parallel another one tho

Thanks for looking into this @G00SE that makes sense. I know a lot of the guys in Europe and Africa love these Deye 10k, but they’re hard to get into the USA. View attachment 202313
It does look also like a Megarevo
View attachment 202314
I’m not sure what factories are spitting these out. I’ve watched some Deye main board replacement videos on YouTube and I know the boards are harder to get down into and they usually have a heat sink on the backs of the power boards on the low sides. I know I’ve seen alot of posts of guys who love this build design, but I also remember the Megarevo drama so… something to watch I guess.

My SG 10k has been running wonderfully I can’t complain, do wish I could parallel another one tho
There’s a couple of people in here that seem to flip the deye stuff from time to time.
You can find the 12k version (9k output) for around 2500 on eBay.
Seems like a fair deal to be honest if one is interested in that route.

I believe that's a rebranded megarevo based off a post I saw from @G00SE .
I'd stay away from it based on past megacrappo feedback here.
Probably the same as the new inverter Watts247 is selling.

Maybe the issues are fixed but I'm not into experimentation when it comes to inverters..........

I think SRNE has April release for stacked 10Kw units. That could be a huge game changer.

Probably the same as the new inverter Watts247 is selling.

Maybe the issues are fixed but I'm not into experimentation when it comes to inverters..........
I think the watts247 is a different oem, I really like they have been putting them through the paces before releasing them into the wild...
I agree they should work out of the box with no firmware updates, remote logins, support Solar Assistant, etc.

I think the watts247 is a different oem, I really like they have been putting them through the paces before releasing them into the wild...
I agree they should work out of the box with no firmware updates, remote logins, support Solar Assistant, etc.
Yeah I’m in a few groups with alot if signature Solar fan boys and they are constantly wrestling with firmware

Damn....just had a #12 comm error....third or fourth time since this thing came up... no idea what causes it (or if it's preventable) and only way it seems to clear is by completely restarting the inverter.... i.e. AC off, PV disconnected, Battery disconnected, inverter off --- then power back up... battery....AC input...Solar... Seems fine now though... Arrrgh.. I guess I shouldn't complain... it did keep running even with the error...I came home to find it erroring....not sure how long it was like that... I was gone about an hour or so... had to do the shutdown and restart...and then had to reset the clock on my Microwave. :(

No go....this software is so fuckin' flakey can't get it to connect properly or if it did gawd knows... no history to be seen...

I really have no stomach for this so we'll just let it sit.

Thanks anyway @marionw !

Damn....just had a #12 comm error....third or fourth time since this thing came up... no idea what causes it (or if it's preventable) and only way it seems to clear is by completely restarting the inverter.... i.e. AC off, PV disconnected, Battery disconnected, inverter off --- then power back up... battery....AC input...Solar... Seems fine now though... Arrrgh.. I guess I shouldn't complain... it did keep running even with the error...I came home to find it erroring....not sure how long it was like that... I was gone about an hour or so... had to do the shutdown and restart...and then had to reset the clock on my Microwave. :(
I periodically see “Master-slave chip SPI communication failure” but it always clears itself. I had 1 time it didn’t and I rebooted system. I feel like it happens more when you’ve got a lot of demand on a single leg of your output and not a lot of draw on your other L2 leg. Make sure L1s not getting a bigger work out. I moved more over to my L2 to balance my surging and it only happens maybe once a month now if even that, never requires reboot usually blinks fault then instantly clears, maybe try shuffling some breakers if you’re concerned

Back