diy solar

diy solar

Is Solar Assistant-Raspberry PI a reliable remote monitoring/control solution

I could have phased it differently. When I had no communication between the SolArk and the BMS the value from the BGMS was more acurate. That was also the case with my previous Outback inverter. I would guess that the BMS had a better Coulomb counter. Also the Voltage reported by the BMS was more acurate when calibrated to my Fluke VOM. When I connected the BMS to the SolArk, the SolArk used the BMS SOC value and the voltage reported by the BMS.
Yup, it's the other way around.
The Sol-Ark is now using the BMS values, instead of guessing on its own.

I was of the understanding the Coulomb counter in the JBD/Overkill BMS is pretty accurate. It's too bad that data can't be sent to the Growatt as SOC by SA. I mean every server rack battery is just a BMS using its own Coulomb counter isn't it?

I was of the understanding the Coulomb counter in the JBD/Overkill BMS is pretty accurate. It's too bad that data can't be sent to the Growatt as SOC by SA. I mean every server rack battery is just a BMS using its own Coulomb counter isn't it?
Solar Assistant doesn't send data to the Growatt (or any inverter), except for setting changes.

I dont get these colours. How do I activate it. But would have loved to see individual voltages n the balancing.
Each color represents an individual battery. Not each cell. If you add more batteries and if Solar Assistant recognizes it, the software will automatically assign the graphics. This is an example of two batteries 5E27197B-3AD2-4912-8917-32CF7ACD5207.png

I dont get these colours. How do I activate it. But would have loved to see individual voltages n the balancing.
SA will show the Highest and Lowest Cell voltages, and also the Average cell voltage for each battery. This is sufficient enough to identify how balanced your batteries are.

SA will show the Highest and Lowest Cell voltages, and also the Average cell voltage for each battery. This is sufficient enough to identify how balanced your batteries are.
If the batteries are NOT balanced, is there anything you can do about it ?

I got one more problem. I am unable to change any setting in my EASUN inverter through solar assistant. It gives me errors and don't allow to change. EASUN is hopeless with there customer service dont even reply.

I've been trying to get a response from SA support for an issue I'm having reading capacity and almost a week with no reply...

Yeah they also seems to not reply any emails.
I found everything I needed on their site and on this forum. It is monitoring software and I don't need the support I might need with an inverter. For the price I paid I do not expect a lot.

I found everything I needed on their site and on this forum. It is monitoring software and I don't need the support I might need with an inverter. For the price I paid I do not expect a lot.
Yeah but I have an issue my inverter n SA r showing 2 different figures on PV about 500W difference. My other issue is I can't change any settings in my inverter. Unfortunately EASUN n SA both r not responding. I think every should be away from EASUN there customer service n warranty are worthless.

Regarding the SD card durability issues, note that there are surveillance camera grade SD cards intended for continuous 24x7 local video recording at moderate bitrate that are likely much more appropriate than SD cards for regular hybrid cameras, which probably only record for 1 hour per day but at high bitrate.

I would imagine the database and log writes that SolarAssistant makes to the SD card are less intense than video surveillance

My other issue is I can't change any settings in my inverter.
Can you change setting in your inverter from directly acessing your inverter. I never had any expectation about being to change my inverters parameters with Solar Assistant. The few things that were offered I considered a benefit but I prefer tro do it on the inverter anyway. In the context of the title to this thread, I would say Solar Assistant is a realialble monitoring solution. Less so as a control solution. As a solution to my inverters weak graphs and management information it is reliable and cost effectiive.

Can you change setting in your inverter from directly acessing your inverter. I never had any expectation about being to change my inverters parameters with Solar Assistant. The few things that were offered I considered a benefit but I prefer tro do it on the inverter anyway. In the context of the title to this thread, I would say Solar Assistant is a realialble monitoring solution. Less so as a control solution. As a solution to my inverters weak graphs and management information it is reliable and cost effectiive.
Directly on the inverter I can. But I want to be able to change the mode from grid to solar. I have seen that many can control there system parameters from SA remotely. Also when it can be done its piece of mind.

Back