diy solar

diy solar

Is there a device to balance server rack batteries SOC?

Aridom82

Learning addict
I have 3 jakiper batteries in my solar system. They are wired in parallel with a big busbar.
With the air conditioner going all day my batteries often dont charge or discharge completely during their daily cycle.
After some days going on like this my 3 batteries show very different soc, like 80%/75%/85%.

Is this normal? Should not the batteries being wired in parallel balance with each other naturally? Also when they charge with 54,5v bulk and 54,5v float
they reach different soc when they are full. Like 94%/93%/99%. I think that the bms has been programmed to show a soc that is calculated with a nominal capacity value that is fixed, so even if the batteries actually have the same energy they show different soc because this nominal capacity parameter programmed in the bms, but i am not sure.

I feel kind of dumb asking this but any help to understand what is going on would be apreciated.

How are your batteries and inverter wired to the bus bars? If the inverter is connected at the same end of both bus bars, the closest battery is going to do more of the work.
If not, try cleaning and retorquing the connections.
Are the cables from battery to bus bar the same length for each battery?

Also, charging to 54.5 on a 16s battery is only 3.4 volts per cell, not very full. This is probably why the SOC is different when charged.
I'd recommend going to 3.5-3.6 volts per cell at least occasionally.

Batteries are wired in parallel to the busbar, and the inverter is wired on opposite ends of the busbar. Also the cables are the same length for each battery.
I will try charging with a higher voltage

Jakiper recommends 57.6 volt for bulk and 54.5 for float IIRC.

Batteries are wired in parallel to the busbar, and the inverter is wired on opposite ends of the busbar. Also the cables are the same length for each battery.
I will try charging with a higher voltage
Post pictures of everything.
We might spot an issue.

Back