diy solar

diy solar

Is your payback too expensive?

Well, that was a rough 10-day heat wave! The battery and solar came through. There were OhmConnect events all of the hot evenings.

In total for those 10 days we earned $473 dollars. Plus $40 I'm Starbucks gift cards and $20 for Cold Stone Creamery.

$533 in total

OhmConnect asked me to fill out the W9 again this year because of this last week.

If anyone (in TX, NY, or CA) wants $20 they are still offering referral rewards on both sides.

Well, that was a rough 10-day heat wave! The battery and solar came through. There were OhmConnect events all of the hot evenings.

In total for those 10 days we earned $473 dollars. Plus $40 I'm Starbucks gift cards and $20 for Cold Stone Creamery.

$533 in total

OhmConnect asked me to fill out the W9 again this year because of this last week.

If anyone (in TX, NY, or CA) wants $20 they are still offering referral rewards on both sides.
This is fascinating. I'll be watching this closely. Please continue to keep us posted.

I've been with OhmConnect for 3 years, it's been good to me this far.
Life's been good to me be so far.

On the surface it makes a lot of sense. EG: If one house in ten has the ability to simultaneously go off grid and sell another house's worth of power back you end up reducing the demand on the POCO by 20%. And the POCO has not invested in the infrastructure at all.

"In practice" is another thing altogether thing of course....

Yeah, I've thought about that. What gets me is the moment the event ends, everyone's AC is going to kick on at once. So it goes from significant savings to extra usage like a light switch.

I believe the Tesla Powerwall virtual power plant has much finer control and could taper power output up as needed.

Back