diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS 4,3'' LCD vs cheap tablet

Aridom82

Learning addict
My 16s lifepo4 battery pack works with a JK bms B2A24S15P and i have connected the small 4,3'' lcd and switch. I am not very impressed with it.
I am thinking that for the 45 eur this small lcd cost you can get a used/refurbished small tablet with bluetooth and have much more for your money, just being sure that the android version is compatible with the jk bms app.
Do any of you guys have considered/done something similar in your diy batteries?

I want to have a dedicated screen for each battery pack so i have all the cell information and settings upfront all the time.
Hello Bells, I just check mine on the phone occasionally. What is there to see that needs that amount of continual information?

Hello Bells, I just check mine on the phone occasionally. What is there to see that needs that amount of continual information?
48 kwh of lifepo4 my friend. I want to be able to see allways all the cells voltages, current, bms status, etc..

I use my Android phone. I noticed that JK app wants you to have current Android version.
So you can't use an old tablet or old phone with the latest app.
I have the app on a tablet but I never use it. I always have my phone with me

I use my Android phone. I noticed that JK app wants you to have current Android version.
Well there are also cheap tablets around new with latest android. Do you have the link to the requirements of the jk app? I bet you it can work with older android versions. I made it work with a phone 2 and a half years old, and i think that in a lot of devices you could also update the android version. And i believe there is a jk app for windows and ios, so if you can find a cheap tablet with those it could work too.

I’ve side loaded a couple old old Amazon fires that have been gaining dust. So easy.

Latest app doesn't work properly, won't work with Android 12, App on github works on android 6 and 12 and doesn't lockup BMS's

It is also possible to use something other then the app on a phone:
I currently use https://github.com/jblance/mpp-solar which has a JK BMS tool to access the JK BMS over bluetooth.

Other references/solutions:

I currently use https://github.com/jblance/mpp-solar which has a JK BMS tool to access the JK BMS over bluetooth.

The JK bluetooth range only reaches 20ft to my iPad in my house. How are you using what you are describing with that short of a Bluetooth range

I have the software running on a Raspberry Pi and the Pi is connected to ethernet so can access the data anywhere.
I gotta figure out how to make this happen.. being a home builder makes that technology stuff a bit difficult to grasp. Only Pi I know about is the kind that goes in my belly

I gotta figure out how to make this happen.. being a home builder makes that technology stuff a bit difficult to grasp. Only Pi I know about is the kind that goes in my belly
I haven't hooked my up that way either. When I'm away I have my wife go out to the shed and tell me what she sees on the app. :p

What device you run it from?

Pink

diy solar

diy solar
Back