diy solar

diy solar

Keep your solar generator boxes.

LADETROIT

After 2 years with my bluetti AC 200Max, it had a firmware issue. The company requested I send it to Texas. They also wanted it packed in a specific way. Fortunately I'm here in Las Vegas and was able to get acquire box from their local repair facility. Keep your boxes

I see this type of thing from companies all the time. Where do you keep all the packing boxes for everything you ever purchased that might still be under warranty? I don't have that much space.

After 2 years with my bluetti AC 200Max, it had a firmware issue. The company requested I send it to Texas. They also wanted it packed in a specific way. Fortunately I'm here in Las Vegas and was able to get acquire box from their local repair facility. Keep your boxes
It doesn't need to be the original packaging (even if they request it), just make sure it's adequate packaging and pay for the insurance. If it's damaged in shipping, its on the carrier. If the company complains about the packaging, point them at the magnuson-moss warranty act. Federal laws protect you. They would need to prove that packing it in non-original packing is what caused the damage (they can't, you submitted the claim before shipping it.. or you wouldn't be shipping it). and if they claim that shipping caused more damage, point them to the carrier for an insurance claim.

It doesn't need to be the original packaging (even if they request it), just make sure it's adequate packaging and pay for the insurance. If it's damaged in shipping, its on the carrier. If the company complains about the packaging, point them at the magnuson-moss warranty act. Federal laws protect you. They would need to prove that packing it in non-original packing is what caused the damage (they can't, you submitted the claim before shipping it.. or you wouldn't be shipping it). and if they claim that shipping caused more damage, point them to the carrier for an insurance claim.
Or, if they're that picky, ask for a shipping container/box.

You're right. I didn't get a original box. Just one that would fit the unit. Bottom line, it was a headache getting a box and styrofoam packing. They required pictures of how it was packed before sending a fedex shipping label

I always keep boxes as long as possible. Replace the plastic tub full of junk with the new generator box, etc. But eventually I feel enough time has passed and it ends up on the burn pile.

All of the television stations and production facilities I worked for kept original shipping cartons, but I guess when you pay $50,000+ for a tape machine or camera, you don't take a chance trying to make packaging that will pass factory scrutiny. Still, Fedex can break anything. We sent a machine in for a tuneup and Fedex dropped it on the way back to us. Yes, it was in factory packaging, and the outer carton only had a small dent on a corner. Well it was a $25,000 insurance claim to repair it, plus the cost of a rental machine while Sony replaced the bent chassis and rebuilt our machine. The factory said it likely fell from 3 or 4 feet to sustain that much damage.

The factory said it likely fell from 3 or 4 feet to sustain that much damage.

I checked on a video security camera how a large TV was recently delivered.
The driver just toss it from the back of the truck to the ground.
I understand why the screen had those vertical black stripes...

Back