diy solar

diy solar

BAD BAD NEWS Signature Solar EG4 Plug N Cool Solar Hybrid ...Customer Punished for Factory Mistake

DO NOT BE FOOLED by thinking that these are units made in the U.S. in Texas where you can easily get your needs met if there are problems with the order or the unit. It APPEARS otherwise. Just like anyone can order an item from Alibaba and have their very own logo printed on it, it APPEARS the same happens with these DEYE units.
100% of what they sell is just rebadged stuff designed in China + an EG4 sticker.

I'm not sure the unit you they sold you:
EG4 Solar Hybrid AC/DC Plug N Cool 9k Minisplit System.
is listed for direct solar. If I pulled the correct datasheet, that unit is 120vac only.

I'd think you want one with hybrid or solar in the name. The 48v unit might work, but would be best run with batteries and the panels hooked to a charge controller.

Edit: also welcome to the Signature Solar customer support forum, stay awhile. Also, search here for other complaints. I'll bet you wish you did that before ordering.

Ok SS shows 12k as the smallest hybrid and so does deye. The only 9k SS has isn't solar at all so either the OP is not pasting the stuff right or he is having reading comprehension issues I guess??

Not name calling just guessing.

Third, your experience with "Chinese business people" is VERY atypical. They're usually about saying whatever they have to to get you to buy and then underdeliver and explain how it's
Well mine must be atypical too. In over 50 transactions with Chinese sellers and suppliers I would choose them hands down over any US supplier, except maybe Costco and sometimes Amazon.

Broad slurs like this are not helpful, regardless of your feelings.

Also SS has been backordered on the hybrid EG4 Solar stuff for quite some time. How would they sell you ANY unit for "immediate " delivery?? Was it delivered to you in the US, or a foreign country?? If it was labeled Deye and not EG4, certainly consistent with straight from China :unsure:..

We need pics. And SS would never be confused what they were actually selling...yeah..right..would never happen :)ROFLMAO:)

Well mine must be atypical too. In over 50 transactions with Chinese sellers and suppliers I would choose them hands down over any US supplier, except maybe Costco and sometimes Amazon.

This isn't a slur, and it's not based on feelings. The evidence on this site is overwhelming. Every single Alibaba supplier will swear up and down that they're selling grade A cells. Almost none are, especially if you consider that "Grade A" is a made up term.

A friend of mine is a hybrid battery builder, and he bought hundreds of thousands of dollars of batteries every year direct from Chinese manufacturers. They routinely slipped in modules that did not meet spec. He literally had to go to the cell level to confirm he wasn't getting screwed. 90% of boxes would be perfect, but they would slip in the 10% of shit that didn't meet spec. This is with the two largest NiMH cell manufacturers in China.

There was a period of time where his volume increased to the point that he had to decide to reduce to sampling instead of 100% inspection. He went back to 100% testing after his warranty rate went from 5% to 30%, and it nearly bankrupted him. Was it their fault? Of course not. It was the BMS in the vehicle causing the failure (this is a typical BS reason given), but "we'll help you out by sending you a free box with your next order."

My company tried to source some titanium for an aerospace application, and it couldn't have been more obvious that certifications were pencil whipped whipped with typos, inconsistencies, etc., but they assured us it really met the specification.

China = buyer beware. Always.

This isn't a slur, and it's not based on feelings. The evidence on this site is overwhelming. Every single Alibaba supplier will swear up and down that they're selling grade A cells. Almost none are, especially if you consider that "Grade A" is a made up term.

A friend of mine is a hybrid battery builder, and he bought hundreds of thousands of dollars of batteries every year direct from Chinese manufacturers. They routinely slipped in modules that did not meet spec. He literally had to go to the cell level to confirm he wasn't getting screwed. 90% of boxes would be perfect, but they would slip in the 10% of shit that didn't meet spec. This is with the two largest NiMH cell manufacturers in China.

There was a period of time where his volume increased to the point that he had to decide to reduce to sampling instead of 100% inspection. He went back to 100% testing after his warranty rate went from 5% to 30%, and it nearly bankrupted him. Was it their fault? Of course not. It was the BMS in the vehicle causing the failure (this is a typical BS reason given), but "we'll help you out by sending you a free box with your next order."

My company tried to source some titanium for an aerospace application, and it couldn't have been more obvious that certifications were pencil whipped whipped with typos, inconsistencies, etc., but they assured us it really met the specification.

China = buyer beware. Always.
Some airlines started outsourcing their heavy maintenance on aircraft to China a while back to save money,. FAA was not happy with the results. Bogus parts, etc.

Some airlines started outsourcing their heavy maintenance on aircraft to China. FAA was not happy with the results. Bogus parts, etc.

Yep. I work in aviation. The company I work for makes parts for JT8D, PW2000 and PW4000 engines. You'll be glad to hear Delta does their own wrenching on engines at least.

Another major issue with heavy maintenance outside the U.S. is that most countries don't require drug/alcohol testing of any kind.

Do a YouTube search for “tofu dreg.” They aren’t exaggerating. You can even see this Korea to a much lesser extent in older buildings (they’ve tilted towards Japan thank God). Not nearly as prevalent in Taiwan either. It’s not a “broad slur.” Never trust and always verify.

Hi Folks...
I have a very upsetting bit of information to share with regard to my recent Signature Solar Purchase of the EG4 Solar Hybrid AC/DC Plug N Cool 9k Minisplit System. I am a self funded medical missionary and need to have climate control for a 200 sq foot strawbale mud hut where solar is the ONLY option. I called Texas and spoke directly with Signature Solar in order to PREVENT ANY ORDERING MISTAKES AT ALL BECAUSE I AM ENTIRELY SOLAR DEPENDENT OFFGRID.. Freight delivered 2 boxes last night with a bright red 8.5 x 11 inch label attached to the boxes and the label clearly reads "DEYE Hybrid AC/DC 48 V Solar Air Conditioner 9k". Upon inspecting the items I discovered they are NOT SOLAR POWERED ITEMS AT ALL and I spent all day on the phone and sending photos to Signature Solar to try to resolve the issue and get the CORRECT item shipped to me. Their response has been, " We don't know how you EVEN got this item because We Do NOT SELL such an item." It appears that, EG4 buys these units from a manufacturer in China called DEYE and that the factory in China loaded the wrong grid dependent minispilt into a box printed for a system consistent with my order and that the unit is in NO WAY COMPATABLE FOR MY USE. One would think that by contacting them within 24 hours of delivery and providing all of the photos and paperwork showing that I was sent a grid tied household unit that it should be an easy fix. The Customer Service and Technical Support staff were very helpful and polite but after an ENTIRE DAY on the phone and computer sending photos per their request, I was given the run around and there is NO RESOLUTION.

So...DO NOT BE FOOLED by thinking that these are units made in the U.S. in Texas where you can easily get your needs met if there are problems with the order or the unit. It APPEARS otherwise. Just like anyone can order an item from Alibaba and have their very own logo printed on it, it APPEARS the same happens with these DEYE units. I can say one thing for certain. I have done business with Chinese business people and THEY ARE ALL ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am hoping that EG4 will follow likewise but I now have HUGE concerns because I see numerous Civil Lawsuits against them listed for failure to perform when products are not as described, are damaged in shipping, are malfunctioning and have never even arrived. Look for yourself and do your homework and do NOT take the good reviews of a product on Youtube as reason enough to order from ANYONE. I do realize there is a process for handling refunds and exchanges but it absolutely SHOULD NOT TAKE AN ENTIRE DAY OF MY TIME ON THE PHONE and result in NO RESOLUTION. This is NOT a cheap set up. It was ordered for the specific purpose of being user friendly to set up in the wilderness where tech support is unavailable. I did NOT get what I paid for. I will update to let you all know how Signature Solar ended up handling this problem but to tell me that "We do not even sell the product that you received" is NOT an answer any of us wish to hear after spending a month's income to purchase an item and being sent the wrong thing. Not happy at all.

in

I can't even figure out what's going on here.
If I have this right, you ordered the 9k unit which is clearly posted as "not a hybrid" and you called in to confirm that it "was a hybrid" and one of our team didn't tell you that the 9k was "not a hybrid"?
Will run this by the sales team but they have this down pretty well, maybe having them make clarifying statements in response to "tests" vs yes/no

Mission work is tough, I see your post at 7pm, if what you needed was a hybrid we can reach out on Monday and support, we even have a half cost to mission work program (DM'ing you on this). Also, there aren't any suits against EG4 that I or google knows of.

If I have this right, you ordered the 9k unit which is clearly posted as "not a hybrid" and you called in to confirm that it "was a hybrid" and one of our team didn't tell you that the 9k was "not a hybrid"?
Will run this by the sales team but they have this down pretty well, maybe having them make clarifying statements in response to "tests" vs yes/no
It's my interpretation that Deye put the wrong item in the box. Where I'm confused is what they were told they were buying when they called, it would be great to see both sides.
Mission work is tough, I see your post at 7pm, if what you needed was a hybrid we can reach out on Monday and support, we even have a half cost to mission work program (DM'ing you on this).
That's awesome that SS does that. ?? ??
Also, there aren't any suits against EG4 that I or google knows of.
What about Signature Solar?

It's my interpretation that Deye put the wrong item in the box. Where I'm confused is what they were told they were buying when they called, it would be great to see both sides.

That's awesome that SS does that. ?? ??

What about Signature Solar?
No 9k hybrids listed anywhere on our site, deye regardless.

Could be an import/export issue. Certain brands might not be able to be imported/exported to a specific country. It could also be a brand/territory issue where a certain brand is only sold to a certain country or region. In a different region, the exact same unit is sold under a different brand name.

When it comes to air conditioners (as well as refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers) there are only a handful of manufacturers. The rest of them are just rebadged/rebranded of the same units. If your unit was shipped from the manufacturer in China, only they would know what brands can or cannot be shipped to a specific country. A reseller probably wouldn't even know that until it gets stopped at customs.

Back