diy solar

diy solar

Last panels going up today.

I installed today's update.
And all is fine here.
It's been acting funny all day, until I updated.

I don't think that I joined anything.
The update just shows up and I download it.

Go to the sites tab then click edit on the right side. Scroll down to the bottom where it says software channel. It will say either stable or beta. Based on your version it should be beta. Not a big deal either way. It's working for you.

You're running the February stable version. You may have installed it Tuesday but it's not the March version. That one is still beta.

Edit: I should have seen that from your previous post since it also showed the February version. Eyes seeing one thing and brain seeing another. Hopefully that doesn't happen when I'm wiring up a panel or something ...

Last edited:
Any kind of lift is very helpful.
I carried 100 panels up a ladder.
Which is why my back is still mad at me. lol
Damn dude that’s crazy.

No way in hell I would attempt to carry 100 480watt panels by myself.

Even with a telehandler it would be tough.

I’m glad mine was a ground mount.

Nowadays I’m just happy to be able to take a piss.
It truly sucks getting old.

Last edited:
You're running the February stable version. You may have installed it Tuesday but it's not the March version. That one is still beta.

Edit: I should have seen that from your previous post since it also showed the February version. Eyes seeing one thing and brain seeing another. Hopefully that doesn't happen when I'm wiring up a panel or something ...
I have no idea what I'm doing, half the time. lol

Damn dude that’s crazy.

No way in hell I would attempt to carry 100 480watt panels by myself.

Even with a telehandler it would be tough.

I’m glad mine was a ground mount.

Nowadays I’m just happy to be able to take a piss.
It truly sucks getting old.
240 and 250 watt. But heavy enough at the end of each day.

I got the email from Sig Solar on their 5% discount and $200 flat rate shipping so I ordered another rack of batteries today. They just keep pushing the prices down and the gap between them and DIY batteries gets narrower. I got a shipping notification within a couple hours and the carrier tracking shows they will be delivered tomorrow. I wasn't expecting them that fast but I'll take it! Now I can get them installed on Saturday I hope.

Switched the 3 ton AC over to solar today as well. The change in consumption was negligible, but I want to see how it looks in summer. Just at a first glance it looks pretty darn good. Drawing around or a little under 2000w when it cycles, so 8 amps or less.

Fun times. :LOL:

I got the email from Sig Solar on their 5% discount and $200 flat rate shipping so I ordered another rack of batteries today. They just keep pushing the prices down and the gap between them and DIY batteries gets narrower. I got a shipping notification within a couple hours and the carrier tracking shows they will be delivered tomorrow. I wasn't expecting them that fast but I'll take it! Now I can get them installed on Saturday I hope.
Question for y'all. The first rack of batteries from SS I individually charged them all before putting them in the rack and hooking it up. At the time that's what I thought was needed. Now I'm thinking just slam them all in the rack and let the PV charge them for me. Opinions?

Question for y'all. The first rack of batteries from SS I individually charged them all before putting them in the rack and hooking it up. At the time that's what I thought was needed. Now I'm thinking just slam them all in the rack and let the PV charge them for me. Opinions?
What type? The LL version or the lifepower? If it’s the lifepower and you don’t have a screen to show SOC and voltage I would fully charge them all first.

Make sure that the voltages are within 1v of each other and connect them up.
Could probably get by with 2v.
I just checked mine at 3v difference, yesterday. (Because I do stuff like that. lol)
It took several flips of the breaker, before the BMS would accept the inrush of current. (Over 250a)

Make sure that the voltages are within 1v of each other and connect them up.
Could probably get by with 2v.
I just checked mine at 3v difference, yesterday. (Because I do stuff like that. lol)
It took several flips of the breaker, before the BMS would accept the inrush of current. (Over 250a)
They can take ages to balance that way though. And sometimes never do balance fully.

Back