diy solar

diy solar

LFP for EV's projected to be less than $56 per kWh within 6 months

Vermont is a cold, rural state with lots of mountains. Not the best place for EVs or solar.
So I guess NORWAY, FINLAND etc must be on the Equator and NOT in the north... GUess what, the ONLY US STate that competes with Norway for weather is ALASKA not something silly below the 44th...

EVEN in countries were ICE Sales will be banned/blocked in 2030 or 2035, the existing ICE Fleet will continue for another 15-20 years after that. BUT what will fuel cost then ?

BTW: 87% of Vehicle Sales in Norway is Battery Electric ! but Shhhhh do not tell anyone its a zekret that Fossil Fuel Companies don't want anyone to know...

PS great to see thoroughly debunked Oliphant Diarrhea still getting blapped up... The broken echo chamber effect.

I understood the Washington cap and trade program to apply to any operation that outputs CO2, including power plants? And that they can either pay for carbon credits for emissions above the cap, or they can offset the emissions by planting trees, etc, or buying credits from others.

Renewables are already cheaper than gas and coal for making electricity ... and faster to build too. Can't they also sell off their carbon credits to others?

It raises the cost of fuel. That way electric cars look more economically feasible.

Those subsidies wouldn't include the US military budget, to keep shipping lanes open and the Middle East destabilized so they don't agree to cut production and boost prices.

Not a factor for the last 30 years.

The United States is covered in a blanket of oil.

BTW: 87% of Vehicle Sales in Norway is Battery Electric ! but Shhhhh do not tell anyone its a zekret that Fossil Fuel Companies don't want anyone to know...
Mainly due to the massive pile of cash generated by state owned oil funding huge subsidies. It’d be really interesting to see what the % of sales would be if 14,000-27,000 per car of subsidies were reduced.

Norway (and US companies) love high oil prices. The only shame is the US didn’t strong arm US production into funding something worthwhile, instead share holders (like myself reap the rewards, thanks Putin!!) laugh all the way to the bank.

I would hope people complaining would bother to know the US is the largest petroleum producer in the world. But that would kill all the fun of freaking out about conspiracies.
Shhh big oil doesn’t want you spreading facts, quick everyone look away there’s Putin over there.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/states-banning-new-gas-powered-cars/

^^^ This is one way EVs are being pushed. I don't believe this will happen but it sure is being pushed.

"Vermont lawmakers approved changes to clean-car requirements that would require new cars sold in the state to be zero-emission vehicles by 2030"

That is less than 6 years from now!!! Vermont is a cold, rural state with lots of mountains. Not the best place for EVs or solar. Residents of Vermont typically drive more miles per year than the average American due to the rural nature of the state.
Mnadate for EV's is from the federal government. Was just on the news at noon the governor joined with 15 other governors opposing the federal mandate that 2 out of 3 new vehicles sold will be required to be electric by 2032.

Battery will add at least $15k to that $35.5k.
Not really. The gas motor is being removed and the electric motor doesn't cost as much.

No transmission and those are EXPENSIVE.

There is a bunch of "room" in the budget to soak up the battery.

Not really. The gas motor is being removed and the electric motor doesn't cost as much.
No transmission and those are EXPENSIVE.
I would not be so sure unless you have access to GM's internal cost breakdowns. Engines have far greater economy of scale. Don't forget motor inverter, charger, electrical junction box, charge port and dc cable. There is also big complexity in cooling system.

Members here can build 60kwh batteries for well under 10k
Zero chance that manufacturers pay even close to that much.
I don’t see how the batteries add 15k to the cost to build

I know how much they charge for those transmissions and engines thru them and via other outlets. EXPENSIVE. I don't know how much the electric motor they use cost but I have priced ev motors in the past.

Entire cars are being sold for $11,000 in China. The idea that a battery has to cost $15k is no longer the case.

Screenshot_20240123_150341_Chrome.jpg

You can't equate EV battery made in China for their domestic market and South Korean company making Ford Lightning batteries in Georgia (US) for US market and to US quality spec. 100 kWh battery packaged and ready to install in EV is around $15k ($150/kWh).

Now consider the price change of LFP over the last 5 years. A couple good size lithium deposits recently found in the US, for example. Promising new tech with multiples of energy density. It just gets better.

So I guess NORWAY, FINLAND etc must be on the Equator and NOT in the north... GUess what, the ONLY US STate that competes with Norway for weather is ALASKA not something silly below the 44th...

EVEN in countries were ICE Sales will be banned/blocked in 2030 or 2035, the existing ICE Fleet will continue for another 15-20 years after that. BUT what will fuel cost then ?

PS great to see thoroughly debunked Oliphant Diarrhea still getting blapped up... The broken echo chamber effect.
I was responding to the post that claimed EVs were not being pushed on us by showing that Vermont has already passed a requirement that ALL new vehicles sold beginning in 2030 in Vermont will be zero emission vehicles. If this mandate remains in place in 2030 then that sure seems like we are getting EVs shoved down our throats.

I did not say that Vermont is the worst place in the world for EVs. Vermont does have some significant challenges with widespread adoption of EVs that are worse than some other parts of the US. I don't know a thing about Norway and Finland, except they are father north than Vermont.

I was responding to the post that claimed EVs were not being pushed on us by showing that Vermont has already passed a requirement that ALL new vehicles sold beginning in 2030 in Vermont will be zero emission vehicles. If this mandate remains in place in 2030 then that sure seems like we are getting EVs shoved down our throats.

I did not say that Vermont is the worst place in the world for EVs. Vermont does have some significant challenges with widespread adoption of EVs that are worse than some other parts of the US. I don't know a thing about Norway and Finland, except they are father north than Vermont.

Oh yeah and that. Outlawing the sale of ice vehicles

Back