diy solar

diy solar

Incompetence from Signature Solar & Solar Sovereign

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I am, with 4 mainstream products with hundreds in stock that Signature Solar is out of until July, with no complaints or 60 page long debates. Real, honest answers, because the inventory is actually in my warehouse that our entire team can go walk into.

Must be time to up our google ad games to push some of our slacking competition off the front page of google.

And here I am, with 4 mainstream products with hundreds in stock that Signature Solar is out of until July, with no complaints or 60 page long debates. Real, honest answers, because the inventory is actually in my warehouse that our entire team can go walk into.

Must be time to up our google ad games to push some of our slacking competition off the front page of google.

Just to point out - my order with you placed Friday night was charged Friday night and shipped this morning - That is fine with me for a 3 day advance, but per this discussion it might not be fine with everyone. And of course mine was only for a victron 250/100 verse $25k

Just to point out - my order with you placed Friday night was charged Friday night and shipped this morning - That is fine with me for a 3 day advance, but per this discussion it might not be fine with everyone. And of course mine was only for a victron 250/100 verse $25k
Less than one business day. Looking good!

What, you don't deliver on Sunday?!

I just received 3x QO covers on Sunday by Fed Ex. Fast delivery after it shipped, but that was a week after I placed the order from an electrical parts house. (not a problem for me and present project.)

Less than one business day. Looking good!

If only you would add a button to your website to let me combine orders or edit one that has been submitted I would be even happier and you would make more money. I frequently submit an order and reallize there is one more thing I needed. With your website I would pay shipping twice even when the second item is envelope sized and could be tossed in.

FB Marketplace which is littered with SS advertising, I think about this site/venue and just chuckle.
They be going after the uninformed low hanging fruit.

If only you would add a button to your website to let me combine orders or edit one that has been submitted I would be even happier and you would make more money. I frequently submit an order and reallize there is one more thing I needed. With your website I would pay shipping twice even when the second item is envelope sized and could be tossed in.
Not to hijack this thread, but we certainly can combine the shipping and refund any overages - just shoot an email to us ASAP and we will make sure you are taken care of! But make sure it's as soon as possible, because we are working as fast possible to get orders out the door.

100% this.

Amazing what this thing called a phone can do ;)

This sort of thing is why Amazon is taking over the world and they deserve to.

When they say something is in stock and they'll get it to you in a certain time frame they mean it.
Yep…. Love em or hate em , they are the badass in the room…I don’t know what I would do without em living out here in the sticks with no stores to speak of within an 1 1/2 hours away… and 2 hrs if you count Charlotte . Between them and Walmart , most of the other good stores have moved on…or are planning to soon.
Amazon and eBay is why I closed…unless you are a niche specialty store or a service related business , you simply can’t compete as a little guy…
And when you throw in FREE shipping …haaa…it’s over ……your done….!

Amazing what this thing called a phone can do ;)

You have called outside our normal business hours .... :cry: ...... me busy ..... order shipped... 😲

AND, I will thank you to never ever confuse the issues with facts again... it is just poor taste

You're totally missing the point.
If you are laying out thousands of dollars without vetting the company you are giving the money, that's on you.
If someone buys from Signature Solar, I seriously doubt it is because they read the reviews, and decided that this is the company with the least complaints.
I doubt they read the negative posts on this website, and decided that they just had to buy something from them.
They don't buy from them because of their 5 star customer service.
They buy from Signature Solar because their prices are some of the lowest available, and they provide a decent product. Period.
Most people are willing to put up with some level of annoyance, provided they get a good price for decent stuff.
Don't like them? Don't buy from them. Problem solved.
I think both of you are missing the point. Go ask a Japanese company what the point is and they will tell you.
There use to be something called company pride. I still see it in Current Connected but it seems to be dead with SS/EG4.
The only thing that most companies are paying attention to anymore is the bottom line. Heavy advertising has taken over from word of Mouth sales and so long as they can keep ahead of the negative feedback on the Internet they are golden.

I have no problem with a company selling cheap products and offering little to no customer service.
My issue is when a company sells cheap products and then claims they are offering good customer service and don't deliver.
An expensive product with Bad customer service is not going to be sustainable, but cheap products with poor customer service that is offset by heavy advertising and mixed messaging on Social Media can keep potential customers guessing. It has now become a very viable business model for making money. You just need to keep riding the Grey line by oiling any wheels that start squeaking and the new customers will keep pouring in.

I will pay the extra Money For Sol-Ark inverters or Fortress batteries simply because I am too old to deal with the BS that comes with buying from companies that play games.

Last edited:
And NEVER use a debit card (especially at a gas station that might have a skimmer).
Because then you have to beg someone to replace your stolen money.

Only use a credit card.
Then you just dispute the charge.
Not everyone has a credit card. I haven't got one since I moved my banking here. None of my friends have one etc.

Not everyone lives in a country where consumer credit is treated differently than let's say your mortgage.

You may owe 10 bucks, not be able to pay it because you had an accident and you're in a hospital and loose your home in the meantime. Things like these are a reason some people refuse credit of any sort.

When I lived in the UK where you can essentially not pay consumer credit (including credit cards) and all you get is polite letters asking you to please reconsider I had credit cards and consumer loans which I actually paid all off. When I moved to Poland and I looked up local credit laws my reaction was "no way in hell I'm borrowing anything here". One pretty egregious example is, imagine you buy a house on a mortgage and the market crashes. You loose the house, that's normal and obvious, but get this, if a bank doesn't recover it's funds during a fire sale (and they almost never do wink-wink-nod-nod) you still owe them the rest for the rest of your life. And when you die and one of your children foolishly decides to accept "the inheritance" without doing an extensive creditor search they end up with the debt and loose their home over it too. Yes, inheriting huge debt is a thing here.

Only place I ever use ATM card is at a branch of the issuing bank.

When you hand over money (green or ephemeral electronic bits), do so with your eyes wide open.
I have wired money overseas, but a modest amount when going to an unaffiliated organization, which seemed respectable.
(When an immodest amount, well, let's just say FINCEN has a file on me.)
Debit cards issued by Visa have the same charge back protection as credit cards so no need to use CC, or is this an EU thing only? Many banks here guarante money in your account in 24h in case of claims.

Good luck to the EU and US the rest of the world will continue to use Chinese PV goods just they won't have to run factories in other countries though not sure how tariffs will affect the Chinese companies making panels in Mexico.

I'm told there is huge amount of PV panels stocked in warehouses in the EU. The prices seem to reflect it. Batteries were hard to come by in early may. This has resolved. Some inverter models are sold out very quickly, others are still easy to get.

I think mostly countries near the manufacturing capacity being shut down will get the worst end of the stick...

When they say something is in stock and they'll get it to you in a certain time frame they mean it.
Not true. I average about $800/mo on Amazon, 4-5 orders. (Business) In the last 2 years I've had at least 10 orders that never got delivered. You get the "Sorry For The Delay" BS, have to wait 3-4 days, then submit for refund. I've also had at least 8 wrong items delivered. Most recently a 4TPI Bandsaw Blade delivered instead of the 18TPI Bi-Metal I ordered.

Amazon is Good, but not perfect.

Not true. I average about $800/mo on Amazon, 4-5 orders. (Business) In the last 2 years I've had at least 10 orders that never got delivered. You get the "Sorry For The Delay" BS, have to wait 3-4 days, then submit for refund. I've also had at least 8 wrong items delivered. Most recently a 4TPI Bandsaw Blade delivered instead of the 18TPI Bi-Metal I ordered.

True, but there is a difference between an odd hiccup and companies making it their business model to say they've got everything in stock on the website while in fact they have maybe 5% of the stuff actually available. The sooner such companies go out of business the better for all of us.

Ha ha, amazon "prime" used to get here in 2 days. Then it became 3 days and now 4 days is not uncommon, especially if it ships USPS. And with USPS there is a 1 in 20 chance the package will never arrive. Then when I gripe they want you to "wait one more day", I fell for that once.

I will not be renewing my prime membership in October. It used to be the video being free made up for the late packages, but now they have ads you can't skip to watch any "free" videos.

Yes, I have a bone to pick with amazon and I always look for a similar price elsewhere.

Ha ha, amazon "prime" used to get here in 2 days. Then it became 3 days and now 4 days is not uncommon, especially if it ships USPS. And with USPS there is a 1 in 20 chance the package will never arrive. Then when I gripe they want you to "wait one more day", I fell for that once.

I will not be renewing my prime membership in October. It used to be the video being free made up for the late packages, but now they have ads you can't skip to watch any "free" videos.

Yes, I have a bone to pick with amazon and I always look for a similar price elsewhere.
Many vendors on Amazon are cheaper on their own website and free shipping to boot. Windy Nation is a prime example.

There are some things I find on Amazon that are not so easily found elsewhere. Stainless hardware was one item, I now found a vendor thru Amazon or Ebay that sells stainless hardware cheaper on their website.

Many vendors on Amazon are cheaper on their own website and free shipping to boot. Windy Nation is a prime example.

There are some things I find on Amazon that are not so easily found elsewhere. Stainless hardware was one item, I now found a vendor thru Amazon or Ebay that sells stainless hardware cheaper on their website.

I've also had some of their SS hardware rust after a year or so too.

Reactions: Zwy

Let's nip this one in the bud too, they are nowhere near as good as they used to be and continue to slip on delivery times. I don't know whether this is Amazon itself or other retailers using their system, possibly more so the latter.
A couple of times recently they have lost/delayed my order and rather than wait for it I just canceled it and reordered it. One other time I was told about a delay and canceled it and reordered it and got it next day instead, all kinds of shenanigans.

I don't trust Japanese companies anymore either, look at the scumbags called Fujitsu.
Your probably talking about an American distributor.
All of direct interactions I have had with JA manufactures has been first rate. To even call it first Rate might be understating it. These people go to such ridiculous lengths to make sure you are happy with the product that it makes me wonder how they stay in business.
When dealing with Japanese consumers it is literally suicide for any Japanese company to screw their customers. It's a sign of complete disrespect and it's just not something they will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy solar

diy solar
Back