diy solar

diy solar

Low Amp vs High Amp Discharge - Charge Profiles?

riverbug

Interested to understand when setting charge profiles how much of a difference it makes when discharging routinely calls for high amp discharging vs low amp discharging...
It's common to set charge profiles to 13.8 or 14.2 as I research on this forum or watch videos but it seems like most often these are for large systems where the discharge rate is not so high (relative to the size of the system). In my case it's in an RV with 13.4KW at 12V, and frequently pulling 2600 watts running various combinations of A/C, electric water heater, microwave, etc.

I'm wondering if in this case, would the charge profile be different to say charge to 14.6? Or, doesn't routinely higher discharge rate matter when setting the charge profile? Thanks.

If the battery reaches 14.2 it is basically full. No real need to go higher in voltage. If a faster charge is needed.... need to get more charge amps.

What is the primary charge source?

I am charging with Victron 12/3000/120 and 965W of solar using Victron 150/60 controller. Would any of that change the charge profile in your opinions?

Back