diy solar

diy solar

Luxpower hybrid inverter technical support

@Eddie_LuxPowerTek
Just noticed a new section has appeared in my lux settings this week 'Battery Calibration'
Capture.JPG
Can you explain what it does (obviously calibrates the battery but how) and recommended settings to start with.
Many Thanks
Ian

Can someone tell me why the 12K sends back to the grid .1kw every couple of days? All settings (that i know of are off).

Can someone tell me why the 12K sends back to the grid .1kw every couple of days? All settings (that i know of are off).
Does the inverter show your small export? or are you seeing this export from your Grid meter?

I noticed my system was exporting a small amount when my inverters were showing no export at all and it was down to the CT Power offset
Capture.JPG
My installers had it set at positive 60 and I've found the correct value around minus 15, I did this with several weeks of trial and error. If you have the correct electrical meter I understand this offset can be measured and entered.

Also the amount your talking about is tiny that's 2 watts an hour, I don't think mine is that close now!
I don't think your going to get it any tighter than that.

Last edited:
@Eddie_LuxPowerTek
Just noticed a new section has appeared in my lux settings this week 'Battery Calibration'
View attachment 203444
Can you explain what it does (obviously calibrates the battery but how) and recommended settings to start with.
Many Thanks
Ian
If anyone is interested here is a little documentation on this feature I got from LuxPower.

Attachments

• Battery Calibration User Manual.pdf
    406.7 KB · Views: 21
Hi there,

I was hoping that someone would know about this phenomenon with the Luxpower LXP6K (Hybrid, Canadian version with built-in breakers).

Whenever the MPPT is active, even if the power coming in is as low as just 250W, the MPPT fan goes into full 100% RPM mode, making a great deal of noise.
The other two fans do not behave this way and seem to respect the "slope" settings.
The ability to adjust the third MPPT fan isn't there on the inverter (or in software). Only Fan 1 and Fan 2 settings are available.

I got this inverter because it was supposed to be much quieter than the alternatives in its price range.
I'm otherwise super happy with it, aside from that one fan misbehaving like this.

Would appreciate any advice on how its behavior can be adjusted.

Does the inverter show your small export? or are you seeing this export from your Grid meter?

I noticed my system was exporting a small amount when my inverters were showing no export at all and it was down to the CT Power offset
View attachment 204822
My installers had it set at positive 60 and I've found the correct value around minus 15, I did this with several weeks of trial and error. If you have the correct electrical meter I understand this offset can be measured and entered.

Also the amount your talking about is tiny that's 2 watts an hour, I don't think mine is that close now!
I don't think your going to get it any tighter than that.
On the inverter.... when originally posted the reading was 2.7...now 3.5kw.. I will try the offset; thanks

What am I missing? The minimal power is still being sent to the grid (isnt it?) if so I would think the offset will either raise or lower the number that is seen and do nothing for the power to the grid unless the ct's tell the inverter to stop thru the offset....

On the inverter.... when originally posted the reading was 2.7...now 3.5kw.. I will try the offset; thanks

What am I missing? The minimal power is still being sent to the grid (isnt it?) if so I would think the offset will either raise or lower the number that is seen and do nothing for the power to the grid unless the ct's tell the inverter to stop thru the offset....

Oh your seeing export on the inverters that's not the same!

I was seeing export via my grid meter and the inverters were showing no export that is when the offset comes in.

Hi friends, if you have any questions about Luxpower inverter, please post them here, we will try to reply as soon as we can.
Hi, I hope you can help me with a problem with my Luxpower setup. I have the LXP ACS 3600 connected to 280Ah of LiFePO cells. The BMS is not compatible with Luxpower so the unit is set to "lead-acid" and has been working well for 18 months. A week ago the unit stopped charging and discharging the battery. The LCD shows fault codes 8 and 9 (parallel CAN fault and master loss). Obviously, I do not have a parallel system and there is no CAN cable or communication. The unit is showing my solar generation, house consumption and grid export correctly. I have tried turning it off for 24 hours but the fault continues. My BMS is working normally. The device number is 1052016012 running software version BAAB0808. Is there a wy to resolve this fault or reset the unit please? Many thanks.

Hi, I hope you can help me with a problem with my Luxpower setup. I have the LXP ACS 3600 connected to 280Ah of LiFePO cells. The BMS is not compatible with Luxpower so the unit is set to "lead-acid" and has been working well for 18 months. A week ago the unit stopped charging and discharging the battery. The LCD shows fault codes 8 and 9 (parallel CAN fault and master loss). Obviously, I do not have a parallel system and there is no CAN cable or communication. The unit is showing my solar generation, house consumption and grid export correctly. I have tried turning it off for 24 hours but the fault continues. My BMS is working normally. The device number is 1052016012 running software version BAAB0808. Is there a wy to resolve this fault or reset the unit please? Many thanks.
Someone set it as a slave of your inverter thru the inverter screen, now i set it as a primary master and the code should go away.

Someone set it as a slave of your inverter thru the inverter screen, now i set it as a primary master and the code should go away.
Gosh, thankyou for quick reply and action. Yes that has solved the fault 8 and 9 issue. Unfortunately, it is now showing warning 17 (AC voltage out of range). It shows my grid voltage to be about 280V which is not correct. My inverters and multimeter measure it at about 245V. So again it is isolating the battery. I would be very grateful for your advice and help again. Regards, Chris

Gosh, thankyou for quick reply and action. Yes that has solved the fault 8 and 9 issue. Unfortunately, it is now showing warning 17 (AC voltage out of range). It shows my grid voltage to be about 280V which is not correct. My inverters and multimeter measure it at about 245V. So again it is isolating the battery. I would be very grateful for your advice and help again. Regards, Chris
Its looks like you grid is unstable, the grid voltage dropped dramatically to 170v.. please take a picture while measuring the grid input of the inverter.. and also measure the grid voltage of your main distribution panel..

Thankyou so much! Of course our grid is NOT this unstable, so you prompted me to measure the voltage at the distribution board (normal) so I went on to measure it at the GRID plug on the LXP unit. That is when I found that the plug was not fully inserted. When inserted properly everything is back to normal. When I previously wrote that the grid voltage was up to 280V I misread it and meant down to 180V. I am embarrassed at my stupidity and very grateful for your help. My experience of the Luxpower product and support is very good. Kind regards, Chris

Thankyou so much! Of course our grid is NOT this unstable, so you prompted me to measure the voltage at the distribution board (normal) so I went on to measure it at the GRID plug on the LXP unit. That is when I found that the plug was not fully inserted. When inserted properly everything is back to normal. When I previously wrote that the grid voltage was up to 280V I misread it and meant down to 180V. I am embarrassed at my stupidity and very grateful for your help. My experience of the Luxpower product and support is very good. Kind regards, Chris
My pleasure… MAHALO

Will Charge Last feature be ever offered for LXP SNA 5k ??
I live in an area with frequent power cuts and I'd like my battery to be charged only when powercuts happen.

diy solar

diy solar
Back