diy solar

diy solar

LVX6048WP AC Issues

Digit9

I'm new to the forum and not sure I'm in the right spot ? Background first.... I'm running a LVX6048WP in my RV, 6-500 watt panels(3000 watts) , 48 volt 400 ah lifep04 battery bank with a JBD BMS, everything works fine until I plug into utility. When plugged into 50 amp plug, I get the flashing icon that says "voltage and or frequency is out of range" but shows it clearly on the panel that its at 121 volts and 60 Hz on both lines ! am I missing a setting ? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Looking at the user manual, page 49, program 34, "Wide AC input range". It is disabled by default. No other data, no clue what it does.

Did you put a meter on the input to verify the voltage on the display and meter agree? L1 and L2?

I'm new to the forum and not sure I'm in the right spot ? Background first.... I'm running a LVX6048WP in my RV, 6-500 watt panels(3000 watts) , 48 volt 400 ah lifep04 battery bank with a JBD BMS, everything works fine until I plug into utility. When plugged into 50 amp plug, I get the flashing icon that says "voltage and or frequency is out of range" but shows it clearly on the panel that its at 121 volts and 60 Hz on both lines ! am I missing a setting ? any advice would be greatly appreciated
@42OhmsPA said he ran into that problem on his tp6048 and had to switch from sbu to sub for it to run on the generator.

So your switching from Solar/Battery/Utility to Solar/Utility/Battery to try this.

Did you put a meter on the input to verify the voltage on the display and meter agree? L1 and L2?
yes I did ! checked all wires coming into fifth wheel and from pedestal outside to junction box in trailer , L1 and L2 were at 121 volts , 60 HZ

when I plug into a 30 amp plug , it works but pulls 50 amps from a 30 amp breaker ! lasts about 30 mins then blows the breaker !

@42OhmsPA said he ran into that problem on his tp6048 and had to switch from sbu to sub for it to run on the generator.

So your switching from Solar/Battery/Utility to Solar/Utility/Battery to try this.
mine won't give me that option , it stays on SUB ! I'm currently on Off Grid / Off Grid 1! maybe I need to change that ?

OK, if you reduce charge current it shouldn't trip the breaker.

Not sure. I'm not familiar with that specific model, I'd bet you want to put it in utility first mode to bypass.
would be nice unless I can get it to acknowledge the 50 amp plug ! when its charging off the 30 amp plug , the batteries only see 25-30 amps , so Im quite confused as to why the inverter is pulling 50 amps from the grid , with no loads !

would be nice unless I can get it to acknowledge the 50 amp plug ! when its charging off the 30 amp plug , the batteries only see 25-30 amps , so Im quite confused as to why the inverter is pulling 50 amps from the grid , with no loads !
Not sure but the obvious solution is to turn down the charge rate till your under 30amps pull. Again no clue why it pulls so much.

Not sure but the obvious solution is to turn down the charge rate till your under 30amps pull. Again no clue why it pulls so much.
That should work but still doesn't solve my 50 amp problem ! why does the inverter see L1 and L2 at 121 volts but won't do anything , icon just flashes telling me its out of range ??

That should work but still doesn't solve my 50 amp problem ! why does the inverter see L1 and L2 at 121 volts but won't do anything , icon just flashes telling me its out of range ??

The message reads "voltage and or frequency is out of range" from the first post. Perhaps the frequency is off.

Back