diy solar

diy solar

ManyuSolar thoughts plus offgrid inverter questions

Ejimenez

I did a search in the forums but found nothing and online is also pretty low info, anyone has any idea of manyu solar inverters/batteries? I couldn't find any reviews.

Also is it possible for off-grid inverters to use the grid power when solar+batteries are not enough?

Can you provide a link to what you are asking about?

Yes, very common.

There are a few things this is called, here is one i like:

Hello Again MisterSandals:Yes I can provide a link (didn't do it in case it was against rules or ToS)

I talked to the installer today and he said yes also, he sets it up to use Solar->Battery->Grid

or

Solar->Grid->Battery

I plan going the Solar->Battery->Grid route to use the least amount of grid possible.

I talked to the installer today and he said yes also
I am not sure of the availability of mainstream, name brand equipment in PR. Is there a reason in particular your installer recommends this unit? The warranty is pretty restrictive and vague from the manufacturer so i'd not expect any warranty.
Will your installer stand behind the system and for how long?

This is interesting:

What kind of store is this​

We are a group factory which is specializing in the production of inverters and solar panels. We have 19 years of production experience till now.

How many of these has your installer installed? Do you have the ability to see an installation of similar system and able to chat with owner?
Yea it looks kind of like a lame storepage, Im pretty sure this is all brought by bulk from China. Shop has a 2 yr warranty on panels/inverters and a 5 yr warranty on batteries.

Online on their page I have seen them install these inverters in different customer homes, they are coming in today to check the area for installation and such and then tell me a date to install.

Owner (or main person in the office) said that connecting electric cooktop, electric dryer and electric water heater would not be possible but the installer called me and told me I can connect them all but of course I may see the battery get depleted fast depending on how much solar is generated, battery level and such. (Which that makes total sense, if I generate 1kwh and use 3kwh then the battery will provide the remaining 2kwh till it drops and grid takes over)

if I generate 1kwh and use 3kwh then the battery will provide the remaining 2kwh till it drops and grid takes over
How big will your array and batteries be? Lithium or ??

Shop has a 2 yr warranty on panels/inverters and a 5 yr warranty on batteries.
So if you have a problem they will "fix it" without charges for 2 (or 5) years?
If so, make sure its in writing. That would be minimal acceptable warranty/recourse for me. Hopefully works out!

How big will your array and batteries be? Lithium or ??

So if you have a problem they will "fix it" without charges for 2 (or 5) years?
If so, make sure its in writing. That would be minimal acceptable warranty/recourse for me. Hopefully works out!

My arrawy would be around 6.44kw (14 460w panels) and 2 10kw batteries (and yes they are Lithium, I think its a LiFePo4)

Yeap I do have the quote with the warranty saved in my phone just in case.

Back