diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 10kw load 1 and load 2

Chrizbr

I have this inverter, loads 1 and 2 are being joined together to make just one. According to the manufacturer, load 1 is 5KW, and load 2 is the same. Load1 5KW + Load 2 5KW for = 10KW. You have to add both to give 10kw to the house. The red connection found in the red part of the wireway will be used to convert it into a single line L1 and L2. . The house is 120/240. Alright? Any recommendation?CE199006-4F48-4312-90FF-5A4C5D00A99E.jpeg

Edit - thought inverter only had 1 load output. Haven't had coffee yet...

Last edited:
If you combine L1 and L2 you will only have one 10kw leg available at a single voltage.
If you leave them separate you will have 120v on L1/ L2 between N and G, 240V between L1/L2.

Why combine them if the house is 120/240?

No.

Set the inverter up for 120/240V, 5000w per leg. Do not combine L1 and L2.
Meter all the output voltages before powering the panel.
The question comes because in order to use the 10KW of the inverter, you have to use the two Load outputs. Load 1 and Load 2. Then the electrician will take both loads to join them as in the drawing to have 120 on one side, and 120 on the other to give a total of 240 and thus energize both phases of the house breakers.F2E28EB5-94EE-4252-9075-3F20A19A9A9C.jpeg65077D03-8CA7-40CA-9DFF-CE10CE543601.jpeg

Last edited:
If you combine L1 and L2 you will only have one 10kw leg available at a single voltage.
If you leave them separate you will have 120v on L1/ L2 between N and G, 240V between L1/L2.

Why combine them if the house is 120/240?

No.

Set the inverter up for 120/240V, 5000w per leg. Do not combine L1 and L2.
Meter all the output voltages before powering the panel.
As far as I can interpret his writing:
He is intending to combine L1 & L1 of load1 & load2 output to a complete home L1 output.
Same for L2: L2 & L2 of load1 & load2 output to a complete home L2 output.
It will still be 120-0-120 output but for a total of 10kW combined instead of what someone falsely thinks are 2 individual 5kW outputs.

Last edited:
The question comes because in order to use the 10KW of the inverter, you have to use the two Load outputs. Load 1 and Load 2. Then the electrician will take both loads to join them as in the drawing to have 120 on one side, and 120 on the other to give a total of 240 and thus energize both phases of the house breakers.View attachment 187359
That will be a one time turn on and will release the magic smoke.
Do not hook it up like that !

This is from the manual:
Screenshot from 2024-01-07 04-40-36.png

I have no idea why your installer thinks he needs to combine the output of L1 & L2 to achieve full 10kW power.
Imo he is wrong, look at the wording of how it is written in the manual.
The only reason to have load1 & load2 is to do load shedding when no PV power available and batteries go below a certain state of charge.
A relay will open and disconnect the "heavy load" to have important loads continue to be powered.

again:
The 10 kW output is available on either and/or load1 & load2.
You have control if you want to turn off certain users when batteries get low (eg < 20% state of charge) by opening the relay of Load2 which internally is connected to load1 output.
Load1 output will stay on until there is no more power available and unit shuts down.

Last edited:
This is from the manual:
View attachment 187361

I have no idea why your installer thinks he needs to combine the output of L1 & L2 to achieve full 10kW power.
Imo he is wrong, look at the wording of how it is written in the manual.
The only reason to have load1 & load2 is to do load shedding when no PV power available and batteries go below a certain state of charge.
A relay will open and disconnect the "heavy load" to have important loads continue to be powered.

again:
The 10 kW output is available on either and/or load1 & load2.
You have control if you want to turn off certain users when batteries get low (eg < 20% state of charge) by opening the relay of Load2 which internally is connected to load1 output.
Load1 output will stay on until there is no more power available and unit shuts down.
Exactly, the megarevo staff told me the information found in the message. Meaning that if I want to be able to use 10kw, I have to use the two load outputs.BF3F49FE-DEF8-450B-AC2C-D1F09FBCBCF1.jpeg

Sorry for the confusion. I edited my post, thought the inverter only had one output.

My interpretation agrees with @fromport , I think.

Each leg of load 1 or load 2 can output 5Kw, meaning there is 10Kw output available between both legs on load 1 or load 2. Load 1 outputs all the time, load 2 drops if set parameters are met. Load 1 and load 2 are paralleled through a relay.

Sorry for the confusion. I edited my post, thought the inverter only had one output.

My interpretation agrees with @fromport , I think.

Each leg of load 1 or load 2 can output 5Kw, meaning there is 10Kw output available between both legs on load 1 or load 2. Load 1 outputs all the time, load 2 drops if set parameters are met. Load 1 and load 2 are paralleled through a relay.
Exactly, then how should it be connected to use the full capacity of the inverter? Any diagram or instructions for 120/240?

Exactly, the megarevo staff told me the information found in the message. Meaning that if I want to be able to use 10kw, I have to use the two load outputs.View attachment 187363
Total balony!
Yours is a 10kW inverter, not a 5kW + 5kW.
I think the person at MR did not really understand your question because of a language barrier!
Most sales persons are not technically inclined and they will say everything for a sale!

If you want to use 10Kw for the house and you don't think you will need to ever use load shedding,
hook the house up to load1 with a 63Amp double breaker.
Done, you can pull up to 10kW constantly

Screenshot from 2024-01-07 07-38-14.png

Please ask your sales person for technical support and ask the question again. Include the chat you posted here and ask "this seems odd to me, can technical support verify for me this is the case ?"

I have the 8K unit and have only load1 hooked up and have pulled 6000+ watts from the system in off grid situation from both PV & batteries a couple of times. My unit is not a 4K+4K !

Isn't there a diagram in the manual? Sorry I'm to lazy to look it up.

Screenshot from 2024-01-07 07-33-44.png

&

Screenshot from 2024-01-07 07-40-00.png

You can pull 10kW from either load1 or load2 or from both outputs combined.
Under certain conditions, called load shedding, load2 will be disconnected. At that point you can still pull full 10kW from load1 if there is enough power available from either grid(pass through), PV or battery .
It is **NOT** a 5kW+5kW inverter!

You can pull 10kW from either load1 or load2 or from both outputs combined.
Under certain conditions, called load shedding, load2 will be disconnected. At that point you can still pull full 10kW from load1 if there is enough power available from either grid(pass through), PV or battery .
I understand that
It is **NOT** a 5kW+5kW inverter!
So using load 1 only in a split phase configuration you could pull 10kW for L1 and 0kW from L2 continuously?

I understand that

So using load 1 only in a split phase configuration you could pull 10kW for L1 and 0kW from L2 continuously?
Is there now a mixup between Load1 (splitphase output of inverter 120-0-120 volt) and L1 (120 volt single phase relative to neutral) & load2(split phase) and L2(single phase) ?

None of the hybrid inverters sold you can pull 100% of specified power on just 1 phase. Most of them permit a 60%/40% split over the 2 phases for the full capacity. In ops case, if he wants 10kW it better be balanced over the 2 phases.
Why this question ?

Last edited:
Is there now a mixup between Load1 (splitphase output of inverter 120-0-120 volt) and L1 (120 volt single phase relative to neutral) & load2(split phase) and L2(single phase) ?
No.
None of the hybrid inverters sold you can pull 100% of specified power on just 1 phase. Most of them permit a 60%/40% split over the 2 phases for the full capacity. In ops case, if he wants 10kW it better be balanced over the 2 phases.
Why this question ?
To convince me it's not 2 5kw inverters.

No.

To convince me it's not 2 5kw inverters.
a)
why do you want to be convinced ?
b)
Maybe you can go through the spec sheets & manual (attached) and point out where it says anything about a 50% limit of load1 & load2 (split phase output) of the total specified power ?

Attachments

• updated_8k_and_10k.pdf
    595.3 KB · Views: 7
  • R8KLNA specs.pdf
    215.6 KB · Views: 3
  • LNA series hybrid inverter user manual V1.3.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
Yes, I think there is also a language barrier in which it is perhaps difficult to communicate. This would be the question I asked MR.
The answer is/was/should have been:
The output for the load of the house should be connected to Load1.
If you want to hook up equipment you do not want to use in case of power shortage (eg: no grid, no PV and battery nearly empty) hook that up to load2. Load2 will be switched off (conditions set in configuration) when those conditions happen.
Example of such a hookup: hook up your AC/electric warm water heater etc to load2, connect lights/fridge/freezer/internet to load1

Oh and the arrow in your picture points to the grid connection, when the grid goes down, there will be no power of those connections.

Back