diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 10kw load 1 and load 2

Total balony!
Yours is a 10kW inverter, not a 5kW + 5kW.
I think the person at MR did not really understand your question because of a language barrier!
Most sales persons are not technically inclined and they will say everything for a sale!

If you want to use 10Kw for the house and you don't think you will need to ever use load shedding,
hook the house up to load1 with a 63Amp double breaker.
Done, you can pull up to 10kW constantly

View attachment 187379

Please ask your sales person for technical support and ask the question again. Include the chat you posted here and ask "this seems odd to me, can technical support verify for me this is the case ?"

I have the 8K unit and have only load1 hooked up and have pulled 6000+ watts from the system in off grid situation from both PV & batteries a couple of times. My unit is not a 4K+4K !

View attachment 187378

&

View attachment 187380
That is also my understanding that the inverter is 10kw, and should provide 10kw in a single load output, but according to MR's response it makes me understand that both loads provide 5kw for a total of 10kw. So I want the installer to do the job right so there are no problems since the house is 120/240.

The answer is/was/should have been:
The output for the load of the house should be connected to Load1.
If you want to hook up equipment you do not want to use in case of power shortage (eg: no grid, no PV and battery nearly empty) hook that up to load2. Load2 will be switched off (conditions set in configuration) when those conditions happen.
Example of such a hookup: hook up your AC/electric warm water heater etc to load2, connect lights/fridge/freezer/internet to load1

Oh and the arrow in your picture points to the grid connection, when the grid goes down, there will be no power of those connections.
Yes, that's how I understand what it should be. But maybe I worded the question wrong, and her answer confused me. So if the connection is made in only load 1, the inverter must support and withstand 10kw?

That is also my understanding that the inverter is 10kw, and should provide 10kw in a single load output, but according to MR's response it makes me understand that both loads provide 5kw for a total of 10kw. So I want the installer to do the job right so there are no problems since the house is 120/240.
Look at like this: the fact MR specifies a 63 amp (== 60 amp IRL) double pole breaker at both load1 & load2 == 60amp x 240 volt = 14400 watt
If it was a 5000 watt at load1 & 5000 watt at load2 (again: WHICH IT ISN'T) each load would have a recommendation of 30 amps = 7200 watt each.
That alone is enough evidence that load1 can supply the full load of 10kW (split over 2 phases opviously)

Last edited:
Yes, that's how I understand what it should be. But maybe I worded the question wrong, and her answer confused me. So if the connection is made in only load 1, the inverter must support and withstand 10kw?
yes it will. Technically a 10kW load at even split load between L1 & L2 so 10kW @ 240 volt.
But IRL it will probably allow 60% (6000 watt) at L1 and 40% (4000 watt) at L2.
I have not tested that but that is about the general concept of most HF AIO hybrid inverters these days.

a)
why do you want to be convinced ?
b)
Maybe you can go through the spec sheets & manual (attached) and point out where it says anything about a 50% limit of load1 & load2 (split phase output) of the total specified power ?
Thanks for the pdfs. Now I remember this AIO, I had looked into buying one for a while.

I only looked at the updated 8k and 10k spec sheet.
Wouldn't the 47.8a max AC output be close to a 50% limit?

Back