diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 8K Firmware Update

Here's a new one....Every night around 11pm I cutoff the grid feed breaker and coast on battery power through the night and next day til around 5 pm when there’s no more useable solar to charge the batteries and cut on the grid breaker.

Between 615 and 625 am every morning, the inverter reboots and we lose all power for around 30 seconds. Sometimes this happens twice within that time frame. It does not happen if I have the grid breaker on.
I have read about the ARC being enabled could cause this, so I disabled it and had no change. Does anyone have anything else I could try?

Setup is:
EG4 8kEXP-240 Hybrid inverter
Eg4 LL V2 battery
Eg4 lifepower4 battery
4kw of Solarever panels

Here's a new one....Every night around 11pm I cutoff the grid feed breaker and coast on battery power through the night and next day til around 5 pm when there’s no more useable solar to charge the batteries and cut on the grid breaker.

Between 615 and 625 am every morning, the inverter reboots and we lose all power for around 30 seconds. Sometimes this happens twice within that time frame. It does not happen if I have the grid breaker on.
I have read about the ARC being enabled could cause this, so I disabled it and had no change. Does anyone have anything else I could try?
Disabling the ARC check should prevent the reboot in the early morning.
What firmware version are you running?

I leave the grid connected for mine. It does stop back feeding every morning. Looks like it did it twice this morning. Forgot this was one of the things I wanted to have Megarevo look into. Something I Just noticed is it thinks the load goes down during this time as well. It does not according to my sense readings that I'll put up here too. 8am and 10:05 am:
1677692496072.png

1677693286255.png

You need to disable "insulation d" -> "Leack Dete". I'm not sure if that is the same as the ARC you are referring to.

Setup > Run Setting > Active Rep > Insulation D > Disable

Yes I tried setting up Time shift and dam near lost all of my battery charge into the grid even though I had Anti-reflux enabled!!

Ok NC, found that and disabled it. We will see what happens tomorrow morning and hope my wife won't be stranded in the dark shower again!! LOL

Seriously, how did you know this and why aren't all owners aware of this?

Like I said in my survey from Sig Sol on how I like my new inverter...Not ready for prime time! Lack of a manual, no support due to no knowledge in the service dept.

Ok NC, found that and disabled it. We will see what happens tomorrow morning and hope my wife won't be stranded in the dark shower again!! LOL

Like I said in my survey from Sig Sol on how I like my new inverter...Not ready for prime time! Lack of a manual, no support due to no knowledge in the service dept.

I had hopes they had some knowledge built up before reselling the inverter over there. Especially of this sort of thing. But also, I don't like disabling safety features for a product to work as designed... If it's doing a test of the panels why can't it run on battery until it's done! I know, I'm speaking of a thing I know little about on the nitty gritty of the inverter.

I've had two of these inverters for about a year now. I've had to self-learn a lot of the features, updates, programming, logging, etc. with the help of this DIY community. I wish the forum had a "wiki" feature where users can edit the first message of a post to add this sort of info. Lots of trial & error as well as experimentation to figure things out. With that said, I'm very satisfied with the inverters for my application, its just a shame there isn't detailed documentation from manufacturer or distributor.

I will be good with this unit if it stops the morning reboot. I would also like to figure out the Time shift program for charge and discharge, so I dont have to cutoff the grid manually every night. I dont trust it as the first time I tried it, it dumped almost two batteries into the grid before I noticed even with anti-reflux enabled and I have nothing setup with the power company.

Do you use the wifi dongle and Solarman website? You can set the timing through the website instead of the inverter interface. I haven't tried it, but I did notice the option is there.

I will be good with this unit if it stops the morning reboot. I would also like to figure out the Time shift program for charge and discharge, so I dont have to cutoff the grid manually every night. I dont trust it as the first time I tried it, it dumped almost two batteries into the grid before I noticed even with anti-reflux enabled and I have nothing setup with the power company.
Is there still an anti-reverse setting or did that get renamed to anti-reflux? Anti reflux didn't show up for me until this update I did a couple weeks ago. Anti reverse is the one that keeps it from dumping as fast as possible to the grid, with it enabled it uses the CT's to only give enough power to zero out the usage from the grid. Stupid question I know but I'm not in front of my inverter right now.

I started with the Solarman but did not like the 5 minute lag for info. Then I found the Solar assistant program for my ras pi. Youre supposed to be able to edit some things, but it does not work yet. Plus it was easy enough to put the times in at the keypad.

Is there still an anti-reverse setting or did that get renamed to anti-reflux? Anti reflux didn't show up for me until this update I did a couple weeks ago. Anti reverse is the one that keeps it from dumping as fast as possible to the grid, with it enabled it uses the CT's to only give enough power to zero out the usage from the grid. Stupid question I know but I'm not in front of my inverter right now.
Yes it was renamed. Hey, I'm using your firmware...

Yes I tried setting up Time shift and dam near lost all of my battery charge into the grid even though I had Anti-reflux enabled!!
I tried getting a response from MR about that, with absolutely NO result.
It was either a language problem or they responded like they saw water burning.

I hoped switching and/or reversing the CT's would make it work that with time shift it would just do own usage instead of dumping everyhing in the grid, but that was no success

I tried getting a response from MR about that, with absolutely NO result.
It was either a language problem or they responded like they saw water burning.

I hoped switching and/or reversing the CT's would make it work that with time shift it would just do own usage instead of dumping everyhing in the grid, but that was no success
Yeah not sure if there's some beaurocracy keeping the information from flowing or it's a language thing. Maybe both.

Yes it was renamed. Hey, I'm using your firmware...
That's me! Finally trying to get it all sorted. Soon I'll have my wiring setup to run off-grid and test more features of the inverter. I confirmed AC Coupling a grid tie inverter is coming soon!

How do you have your inverter wired? Do you have a simple diagram I could look at? I don't have my load terminals going anywhere. Just grid over to the panel and my consumption monitors at the main panel sensing between panel and meter. Anti Reverse was definitely a feature for me that when disabled it would dump at 8kw to the grid. When on it sends just enough to zero the meter. Well, before this update it was still pulling 100w from the grid, now it's aiming for 0 and getting really close! My usage during a day is about 0.25kwh and surplus is 1.9kwh during my peak shift period.

Yeah not sure if there's some beaurocracy keeping the information from flowing or it's a language thing. Maybe both.

That's me! Finally trying to get it all sorted. Soon I'll have my wiring setup to run off-grid and test more features of the inverter. I confirmed AC Coupling a grid tie inverter is coming soon!

How do you have your inverter wired? Do you have a simple diagram I could look at? I don't have my load terminals going anywhere. Just grid over to the panel and my consumption monitors at the main panel sensing between panel and meter. Anti Reverse was definitely a feature for me that when disabled it would dump at 8kw to the grid. When on it sends just enough to zero the meter. Well, before this update it was still pulling 100w from the grid, now it's aiming for 0 and getting really close! My usage during a day is about 0.25kwh and surplus is 1.9kwh during my peak shift period.
Simple. I just ran #8 wire from the grid terminals to the main panel 40 amp breaker. #8 again from load 1 to 40 amp breaker in the solar subpanel. I dont have any heavy loads in the solar subpanel.
This whole adventure started from the absurd reality of having to run the 16kw propane generator for a very necessary sump pump and some lights when the power failed. The first step was just to have a battery backup when needed and that lead to installing some panels and another battery to make it through the night til charge time.

Simple. I just ran #8 wire from the grid terminals to the main panel 40 amp breaker. #8 again from load 1 to 40 amp breaker in the solar subpanel. I dont have any heavy loads in the solar subpanel.
This whole adventure started from the absurd reality of having to run the 16kw propane generator for a very necessary sump pump and some lights when the power failed. The first step was just to have a battery backup when needed and that lead to installing some panels and another battery to make it through the night til charge time.
Funny how things escalate.

You’ve got your CT’s installed at the main panel on the wires that feed it from the meter right?

Back