diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

I purchased from GSL, but it seems all vendors are hit or miss. You might be better off with signature solar, but I would just go for price, tbh. I have 2 of these units in parallel running fully off grid in split phase, similar to what you are proposing. I also have 13kW of PV, and ~44kWh of battery back up. If I had to do it again, I would still use these inverters, they fit my needs for the price. Grid-tie is where they seem to have more firmware issues.

Just to note, I got my inverters in March of last year, and have been running them 24/7 as my main power source since June.

Last edited:
I purchased from GSL, but it seems all vendors are hit or miss. You might be better off with signature solar, but I would just go for price, tbh. I have 2 of these units in parallel running fully off grid in split phase, similar to what you are proposing. I also have 13kW of PV, and ~44kWh of battery back up. If I had to do it again, I would still use these inverters, they fit my needs for the price. Grid-tie is where they seem to have more firmware issues.

Just to note, I got my inverters in March of last year, and have been running them 24/7 as my main power source since June.
I appreciate the insight. Glad to hear they have been working for you. After initial setup, has your system been stable?

Sure has! In the beginning, there were some days I accidentally charged the Tesla too far, or left aux heat cranked thru the night and the batteries hit low voltage cut off, which as you can guess, shuts everything down. Luckily, once sun comes up the inverters turn on from PV power, turn on the EPS, and begin charging the batteries.

I have since set up automations in home assistant to prevent this from happening based on a number of factors, but it took a bit to get right :) This was all my own fault being new to off-grid, nothing to do with the inverters, which have been rock solid with my current preference of firmware. The firmware still has some bugs that will hopefully get addressed one day. I've consumed about 5 MWh of solar.

Last edited:
I have one running 24-7 at my house. Setting up one at my in-laws house. Once you get the settings figured out they seem to work great. 9mwh ran through mine so far.

Thanks everyone for contributing to the communal knowledge of this nearly awesome and cost effective AIO!

I'm about to pull the trigger on 3x 8kw units from Alibaba. Wondering if anyone has any experience positive or negative with any retailers they would like to share? I understand with any reseller the communication and support will leave much to be desired but it see this venture possible with the community support. I don't see the additional cost of purchasing through any North American distributors to be worth it.

Hopefully I can get these running in 3 phase mode eventually, but that might be a lot to ask at this point, so for now I'm good with 2 units in split phase parallel, and a third hot/cold spare. I'm going to be setting up a standalone current/voltage monitoring system on all electrical connections so hopefully that data can help troubleshoot odd behaviors and streamline bug fixes for us all. I've got 13kW of PV already, and 30kWh LiFePo eG4 rack on the way. Completely offgrid with a dirty THD generator which I hope not to use! It seems the 10kW MR is newer, anyone get one of those units yet? I imagine they are very similar with just beefier inverting components.

To those of you with months of experience with this unit so far - would you do it again today or shell out 3-5x more for something more established with better support? Thanks and looking forward to contributing.
I've bought from these guys on Alibaba....80 x 550W panels and 2 inverters at work, and then a 4kW system for home. Found them to be trustworthy and responsive after the order.

Paul Webb

Henan Livefun Solar Technology Co., Ltd.

Export Dept. Director:
Karl Xu

Tel/Wechat/Whatsapp: +86 13673324979 Skype: cnkarlxu

Email: karl@livefunsolar.com Web: www.livefunsolar.com

Add: 8148, Ruida Rd., Zhengzhou, Henan, CHINA.

Has a anyone ran these units in parallel? I currently have a system in parallel that won't work. It keeps on saying Inv over vol. From the EPS side. I am trying to run off grid. On the grid side it uses the grid and refuses to use solar, even though i set it to self consume and have anti reverse enabled

Any amount of help would be appreciated

I'm running 2 in parallel for about a year now. I am off-grid. Are you using BMS/Lithium battery or are you set to Lead-Acid? Does the inverter batt voltage show the same voltage your physically measure at the terminals? What is your actual measured PV input voltage?

Does anyone know what HOME LOAD does?
see photo below to see where is home load. Load connected at grid side, behind the CT, called HOMELOAD

Attachments

• so-do-dau-noi-he-thong-megarevo-hybrid.jpg
    so-do-dau-noi-he-thong-megarevo-hybrid.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 24
Has a anyone ran these units in parallel? I currently have a system in parallel that won't work. It keeps on saying Inv over vol. From the EPS side. I am trying to run off grid. On the grid side it uses the grid and refuses to use solar, even though i set it to self consume and have anti reverse enabled

Any amount of help would be appreciated
in paralell system, if both use common battery, so the battery have to communmicate with master inverter by CAN port, battery type set is Lithium.
if not, 1 of these inverter has error "bus over vol"

Was it ever confirmed that the Megarevo is ul listed? Certified? 1741 Sa?

Does it apply for all the units? I'm on the fence for the 10kw. My wife and I want to relocate in the next 4-5 years. Hopefully we will have enough equipment to go off grid.

Thank you for your beta testing, Eric R.

Was it ever confirmed that the Megarevo is ul listed? Certified? 1741 Sa?

Does it apply for all the units? I'm on the fence for the 10kw. My wife and I want to relocate in the next 4-5 years. Hopefully we will have enough equipment to go off grid.

Thank you for your beta testing, Eric R.
This is the cerfication I found for

Model(s): R5KLNA, R6KLNA, R7K6LNA, R8KLNA, R10KLNA

Attachments

• DSS_SGSNA_22_GZ_00046-UL Certificate.pdf
    845.2 KB · Views: 20
This is the cerfication I found for

Model(s): R5KLNA, R6KLNA, R7K6LNA, R8KLNA, R10KLNA
Thanks, I'm curious how your inverter is set up if you have micro's, and string inverters.
Such as the ability to peak time shift? Assuming your on grid....

Thanks, I'm curious how your inverter is set up if you have micro's, and string inverters.
Such as the ability to peak time shift? Assuming your on grid....
Currently everything is in parallel connected to the grid.
Because of the limited power of pass-through i can not hook up my micro's to the MR for ac coupling. That plus the PV connected to MR itself would overload the internal relay/wiring and trip the 40 amp breaker that connects the MR to the grid.
I am thinking of putting a transfer relay in when power goes out the micro's will get switched from grid to the generator hook up of the MR.
In my thinking, when grid fails and because of the transfer time of the relay, the micro's will go to anti-island mode, so they will wait 5 minutes before getting back online. by that time the MR will be able to freq shift to regulate the AC coupled micro's.
As soon as the grid returns, relay switches back and after 5 minutes goes back to feeding the grid at full power.
I will have to try it out manually before investing in the transfer switch.

I only have micro's IQ7's Enphase. Hmmm, now I need to bug you a little more.....
You have 2 units? 8kw? So what is the pass through power limit? ( At this moment I'm thinking you have like 15kw of panels).
Hoping I will have no problem with a measly 6kw of panels.

I do like the idea of an auto transfer switch,
Just like a auto generator transfer switch. I was wondering they same thing just as a double safety to make sure there's not any back feeding in a grid down.

Are the sting inverters then powering the Megarevo? 2 separate systems that can feed the grid.

I only have micro's IQ7's Enphase. Hmmm, now I need to bug you a little more.....
You have 2 units? 8kw?
I have 2x MR 8K units, but only 1 hooked up atm with 24kWh batteries

So what is the pass through power limit?
According to the manual you put #10 wire between the inverter and the grid.
Screenshot from 2023-04-25 18-35-22.png
#10 THHN 90C wire is supposed to go up to 40 amp but all kinds of things happen when you put multiple wires together in a conduit including derating of the temperature. 75C -> 35 amps, 60C -> 30 amps.

The units (on-grid) ratings:
Screenshot from 2023-04-25 18-45-17.png
Screenshot from 2023-04-25 18-45-42.png
So once the batteries are charged and no load from house and full PV hookedup up (up to 12kW) it technically could push nearly 37 amps to the grid. The manual does not specify the rating of pass-through but I doubt is has a larger than 50 amp relay in it.
So you I have to asume you can not push 3000 watt /240 volt = 12.5amp AC coupled micro inverters connected to the GENERATOR hookup extra to the grid.
( At this moment I'm thinking you have like 15kw of panels).
That is about right ;-)

Hoping I will have no problem with a measly 6kw of panels.
6000/240 = 25 amps of micro inverter power around noon.

I do like the idea of an auto transfer switch,
Yep

Just like a auto generator transfer switch. I was wondering they same thing just as a double safety to make sure there's not any back feeding in a grid down.
That is already built in the MR.
When grid goes down, a relay opens the wires to the grid and the load is powered by PV panels and/or batteries and/or generator.

Are the sting inverters then powering the Megarevo? 2 separate systems that can feed the grid.
Don't understand the question.
I currently have:
12 enphase micro inverters
3 IQ8 micro inverters
fronius string inverter on a DC-solar trailer with additional
Are you powering at night off a battery bank also?
Yes
This is a graph of a couple of days ago:
Screenshot from 2023-04-25 18-25-43.png
at night batteries go down to just above 50% during the gets recharged, after that feeding into the grid.
During that day I put 75kW back into the grid and got 0.5kWh from my utility company

Don't understand the question.
I currently have:
12 enphase micro inverters
3 IQ8 micro inverters
fronius string inverter on a DC-solar trailer with additional
I see now, ? the DC solar trailer is powering the Megarevo. You are feeding the Megarevo through the AC Input, and not the generator input?

I see now, ? the DC solar trailer is powering the Megarevo. You are feeding the Megarevo through the AC Input, and not the generator input?
I have 2 PV strings hooked up to the MR:
PV2 : 2000 watt
&
PV3 : 3000 watt

My solar trailer (with fronius) is totally independant and a grid tied only.
When the power is out, it doesn't help.
Same for my micro inverters.

Man you got a lot of solar and components!! I have felt the pain of grid down for 7 day after an ice storm, then nice Sunny days after the storm with micro doing nothing.

Thank you for sharing with us your solar set up, and experience's so far!

I really want to feed our micro's into a Megarevo, to charge a small battery . To help off set the peak time our utility has recently imposed.

Next year more battery storage, and hopefully ad a small DC array.
Hopes and dreams......

Eric R.

Back