diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

What single phase load would be 4000 watts? Load imbalance is not a big deal. Move your loads around to bring the balance closer. I’ve seen an imbalance on three phase commercial buildings but not in a residential panel that couldn’t be solved by moving a couple of breakers.
I have seen some pretty bad imbalances on residential! I would say lighting can effect load balance a lot more than you would expect. If a residence has (6) 120V general lighting circuits, plus 2 or 3 outside floodlights, you can soon end up with 5-10 amps potential load per leg. Add in a 120V basement sump pump, clothes washer, coffee maker, hair dryer, furnace blower, window AC.... the list goes on. You can balance all you want, but you can't control what loads happen to be on at the same time. I have seen this many times. Often when you start shuffling breakers to "fix" the imbalance, you discover that originally the legs were balanced fairly well, but now the loads just so happen to sometimes overlap at the wrong time, and shuffling breakers has only made it worse.

We are beyond the test units, into production units. That ship has long since sailed.

Any YouTubers / etc. I send units to will receive the production hardware, that way no one gets grilled over things that have already been corrected.

I spent two days last week with the Midnite team plus an engineer from the manufacturer flew in. Lots of feedback went into the mobile app, product design, and web monitoring portal. Then, they spent a few hours getting our whole team fully trained on what the inverter can do, where it shines and where special considerations must be made.

We also did some testing against competition, and let's just leave it at "kicked butt" - I'm not here to be a critic, we leave that to the YouTubers. No need to make another product look bad to make the Midnite inverter look good; it stands on its own.
Slight offtopic but I wonder if Midnite plans to release a new standalone SCC (for modular systems) with the same specs as the built-in SCC in "TheONE"... I cannot find anything standalone with 100-350 Vmp range that has AFCI and GFCI as well. :( The closest thing would be EG4 6000XP used as a SCC only :) I like Victron RS 450/100 Tr but it's lacking AFCI/GFCI.

Slight offtopic but I wonder if Midnite plans to release a new standalone SCC (for modular systems) with the same specs as the built-in SCC in "TheONE"... I cannot find anything standalone with 100-350 Vmp range that has AFCI and GFCI as well. :( The closest thing would be EG4 6000XP used as a SCC only :) I like Victron RS 450/100 Tr but it's lacking AFCI/GFCI.
Look at the Midnite Barcelona (dual trackers and 200A) and Hawkes Bay (single tracker, 90 and 120A models). Can run up to 600V, can add GFCI and afci functions if required.

diy solar

diy solar
Back