diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

Hopefully, they will get all documents in sync before release.
I think it is currently in sync. I wouldn't put much faith in a show display. The brochure and price list indicate they have settled on name and specs. Only things missing now is price and availability.

15Kw PV input

Actual output is 11.4Kw, it is on the Midnite Forum page. That is continuous power, not surge. Surge is 20Kw.

The ratings are different between with PV and without, plus the 110% rule. I think Midnite is being very honest about their naming and rating compared to other inverter manufacturers. That shows class and it is an honest company. They have raised the bar once again.

This is one nice unit, I hope it gets released in time for me to buy one for my shop system being built this year.
I think they are rating them using the good old format guarantee to run “continuous” at its rated power ….less magic smoke over time when fully loaded

I agree. They have stated in several places that this is not production model, and things will change. I just like to point out things. :geek:
I’d be curious how this relates to the eg4 18kpv which states a max discharge of 250a but there are videos showing surge well beyond that
I thought maybe the solark 15k would be the same but that one is rated for 275a

I’d be curious how this relates to the eg4 18kpv which states a max discharge of 250a but there are videos showing surge well beyond that
I thought maybe the solark 15k would be the same but that one is rated for 275a
Yes with the SolArk at 275a rating, you can technically get the full 12kw (rated) output down to like 44v. And if battery voltage is at a more modest 52v, then it's capable of 14.3kw.

Hopefully they get the software side right. 2 of these would be a badass system for a typical 200A service home.

Back