diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

Hi folks! First time poster. I have an offgrid LVX6048 and a single EG4LL 48volt (v-1) battery. Tomorrow I expect delivery of my second battery, totally identical to the first battery.
My question is, where can I find settings and instructions for adding this second battery? Dip switches, top balancing, cabling, etc.
Thanks!
You can find that information on youtube, i believe. and if not, write to Signature Solar.

Any news on the paralleling situation?
Well I tried to parallel my 2 lvx6048 inverters via adding 2 $55 parallel boards and change section 28, but all I did was get an error message DC/AC inverter circuit error so I when back to using one inverter in the charging only mode. I hope to get more courage next week to try again. I did hit restore factory setting, but that caused my back to grid settings to be bellow 48V which caused my power to go out. I wonder why the default back to grid voltage defaults to 42V?

Well I tried to parallel my 2 lvx6048 inverters via adding 2 $55 parallel boards and change section 28, but all I did was get an error message DC/AC inverter circuit error so I when back to using one inverter in the charging only mode. I hope to get more courage next week to try again. I did hit restore factory setting, but that caused my back to grid settings to be bellow 48V which caused my power to go out. I wonder why the default back to grid voltage defaults to 42V?
Are you having vibration/noise issues? I hooked mine up for a week just in passthrough mode (basically doing nothing) and the noise through the foamed wall of my mechanical room was ridiculous. I can't image what it is going to sound like when I apply solar and start powering load.

Are you having vibration/noise issues? I hooked mine up for a week just in passthrough mode (basically doing nothing) and the noise through the foamed wall of my mechanical room was ridiculous. I can't image what it is going to sound like when I apply solar and start powering load.
I don't have vibration / noise issues.

I did had crazy vibration and noise when in parallel and hooked to solar and grid. It was crazy I was worried enough that I was tripping the AC breaker when I was not in the house.
I also saw continues errors and faults. In the end I switch back to operate as single unit. Not what I wanted.... So I'll be switching to some other inverter.

Here are 2 images of the paralleling diagrams 1st image shows instructions on the paralelling kit image 2 is LVX-6048. The vidoe in you tube from Ians solar project went with the first image.

There is a clear difference on how the current wires are connected.
Did you find anything definitive about how the current sharing wires were supposed to be connected? Did it make a difference at all? I am running 2 LG4 6000EX's, with all the same problems. Running on one unless more power is needed. The wiring diagram for the EG4's is like the second image you posted earlier.

I tried both ways it did not seem to make any difference. At this point and given that the vendors have not come up with new firmware or a fix, I am in the camp of getting rid of this inverter, both the Mpp and EG. Looks like running in parallel will not happen.

I just tried 2 generators with my lvx6048wp and neither would register as inputting power. Has anyone actually got a generator working as an input for one of these ?

I just tried 2 generators with my lvx6048wp and neither would register as inputting power. Has anyone actually got a generator working as an input for one of these ?
May be a silly question, but are you feeding split phase 240v into the generator input? And you have grid injection disabled?

Using Generator as AC-Input

• Generator power is recommended to be 50% larger than the inverter rating to reduce chances of overload.
  • Inverter-generator is recommended due to its cleaner output than conventional generators. Unsuitable generator output may be rejected by the inverter.
  • When using generator as AC input – grid injection must be DISABLED.

May be a silly question, but are you feeding split phase 240v into the generator input? And you have grid injection disabled?

• Generator power is recommended to be 50% larger than the inverter rating to reduce chances of overload.
  • Inverter-generator is recommended due to its cleaner output than conventional generators. Unsuitable generator output may be rejected by the inverter.
This is for the WP version. I don't think there is a grid injection to disable. Mpp advised me that I can run the generator and grid input at the same time as long as I had "generator input" and "wide AC"

The generator is an 8 k peak non inverter and the inverter one is a 4 k peak and my load hardly goes over 2k

I'm looking for a yine has successfully run generator on the WP and what brand specs they had. Thanks

This is for the WP version. I don't think there is a grid injection to disable. Mpp advised me that I can run the generator and grid input at the same time as long as I had "generator input" and "wide AC"

The generator is an 8 k peak non inverter and the inverter one is a 4 k peak and my load hardly goes over 2k

I'm looking for a yine has successfully run generator on the WP and what brand specs they had. Thanks
But you are using a 240v generator? The WP version has the same note on the MPP website:

• To use GEN INPUT on the LVX6048WP, updating to v1.31 is required and this feature is applicable to standalone unit only. parallel systems are NOT yet supported at this time.

yes one was a 240 the inverter was not. I just heard back from MPP they are saying the pic I sent was showing input but when I killed the grid circuit everything went off. I will update when I hear more from MPP

Are the solar inputs on the LVX6048 completely separated such that I could add 2 very different strings to it, or must they be equal strings? I have 8 100w panels and 6 390w panels and would like to set each of them up in series and connect to the dual solar inputs on a single LVX6048. Thank you.

Are the solar inputs on the LVX6048 completely separated such that I could add 2 very different strings to it, or must they be equal strings? I have 8 100w panels and 6 390w panels and would like to set each of them up in series and connect to the dual solar inputs on a single LVX6048. Thank you.
The LVX6048 is just a single MPPT, unless you're talking about the WP version.

The LVX6048 is just a single MPPT, unless you're talking about the WP version.
Ahh, so it is. I guess I was thinking it was the same as the LV6048 and LV6548 without actually confirming it. Thank you for the quick reply.

Last edited:
So I tried again paralleling the inverters after removing the ground neutral bond on both inverter. I keep getting the random split second reset in one of the inverters. Both are using the latest firmware 63.06.
removing the bonding screw did helped on the humming noise and eliminated the flickering during PV charging. The inverter that reset itself is the one with the most pv power, 4560 w on 2 strings @ 200v. Nothing crazy. it is also the slave inverters in the system. Internal this inverter is different. So maybe that is the reason.

I gave up on these units. The LVX6048, the EG46000, both had different reasons that they just would not work in my home. I bought the Schneider XW PRO and my problems went away in one shot.
I will probably write a review for the forum when I learn a bit more about it. The thing is a beast!

I did had crazy vibration and noise when in parallel and hooked to solar and grid. It was crazy I was worried enough that I was tripping the AC breaker when I was not in the house.
I also saw continues errors and faults. In the end I switch back to operate as single unit. Not what I wanted.... So I'll be switching to some other inverter.
I gave up on these units. The LVX6048, the EG46000, both had different reasons that they just would not work in my home. I bought the Schneider XW PRO and my problems went away in one shot.
I will probably write a review for the forum when I learn a bit more about it. The thing is a beast!
I had two MPP LV6548's in use for around a year in parallel, in a configuration like Will showed in his videos. Also like DMI Inc and DanF have experiences. No issues at all, no flickering. My positive experience and low cost is why I went with the new LVX6048WP units from Ian at Watts247.com. I was on his original waiting list for the WP's when they came out. I do wish I waited a bit, as the 2022 versions have some positive changes.
You can buy around 6 of these units for the cost of a single SolArk. If one breaks, just replace it.

Back